Chapter 17: Seyth's Reawakening

“You’re kidding!” Clyde exclaimed.

   No one heard him because at that moment, there was a roar of boos from the crowd.

   “Well then, where could she be?” Anya asked, frightened. “She knew the exam was today, right?”

  “Shoot,” Kane whispered dauntingly. “They’re supposed to make the announcement in the beginning and not get started till everyone is there.”

   Ignoring the crowd’s dissatisfaction, Ayman called Darryl Watts to the field. The poor kid was greeted with the ongoing boos.

   “She’s a royal,” said Seyth. “Of course they’re going to make an exception for her.”

   “I’m gonna go check it out,” said Kane gruffly. “I’ll bring her back as quick as I can –”

   “I’m coming with you,” Anya snapped. “There’s no point in me staying here any longer anyways.”

   Felix also stood.

   “No point in any of us staying, really. Seyth?”

   Seyth grunted and folded his arms. “She’s not my problem,” he muttered.

   The effect of this sentence was incredible on Clyde. All the noise around him muted out and the only thing Clyde could focus on was Seyth.

   Before he could stop himself, Clyde bent over and snatched up Seyth’s collar. Before anyone knew what was going on, Clyde launched a blinding fist straight into his face.

   Everyone around gasped and jumped to their feet. At that moment, Atlas rushed down from the sky and tossed Clyde across the aisle. The world around Clyde flipped over several times before his body came to a halt. Painfully, Clyde looked up and spotted Atlas approaching him, his weapon drawn. At that moment, Oskelo shot right down in front of Clyde, defensively.

   “You really want to do this right now?” Seyth yelled furiously.

   Clyde scrambled to his feet, and nursed his fist. Seyth had a nasty bruise rapidly forming where Clyde had punched him.

   The audience ran amok and the proctors took notice immediately. However, before they could do anything, Ignatious appeared between Oskelo and Atlas. He swiftly shot a punch at each of them, sending them flying a hundred feet away.

   “Please leave the stadium at once!” Ayman roared at Clyde. “Or I shall have you escorted!”

   “Tell that to him!” Clyde erupted, pointing at Seyth. “He’s the one –”

   He felt Kane’s hand painfully squeeze his shoulder and he immediately shut up.

   “Shut your trap, Ayman,” Kane called out. “I’ll take him.” He then looked at Anya and Felix and said, “Wait here.”

   Tugging at Clyde’s arm, Kane rushed out of the stadium, ignoring the curious glances from the audience. Everyone seemed to have forgotten completely about the exam.

   “C’mon,” Kane urged, breaking into a sprint. “Let’s go find her.”

   “What, no words of wisdom?” Clyde spat angrily.

   “Afterward.”

   The island felt strangely empty with everyone at the exam. With no traffic, they arrived at the palace five minutes later and Clyde was completely out of breath as he grasped his knees and wiped sweat from his forehead. Kane on the other hand looked perfectly fine despite the five minute sprint.