say it back T.H.

request: okay can you do one with tom this one is from tik tok, idk if you've seen it but like you not saying i love you after he says i love you. i just can already see him be the "🥺" emoji.

no stop this is so cute and so so accurate

You've come to a place in your relationship with Tom where harmless pranks are somewhat of a regular occurrence. However, Tom's gullibility hasn't gotten any better.

Seated in front of your vanity, you wash your face and do your hair for the day while Tom wanders about your bedroom getting dressed. He heads downstairs for a moment, giving you the perfect opportunity to discreetly set up your phone. It's angeled just enough so it captures both you and whoever decides to stand beside you, yet still somehow remaining invisible. You know Tom won't be looking for the phone pointed at him, so it won't matter anyway.

"Hey, love," Tom comes striding in whilst you're drying the water on your face. "Harry and I are gonna go pick up Sam from the train station."

"Okay," you say softly, not looking away from the mirror. You lock eyes with Tom through the mirror, and he gently smiles.

"You want anything while we're out."

"Uhm... no."

"M'kay," he leans down to kiss your cheek. "Love you."

"Bye," you reply, fingers now applying your personal serum.

Tom was halfway out the door when he was quick to stop. He peers around the corner again, doing a doubletake and blinking in confusion. He looks at himself in the mirror before locking eyes with you again (still, through the mirror).

"Love?"

"Yeah?" You ask, applying some toner to your face.

"I love you," he says again, more tender this time.

You nod, smiling absentmindedly as an acknowledgment. "Bye."

"Darling?"

"Tom, don't you have to go?" you breathe a laugh, but Tom's brows only furrow further.

"Darling, are you mad at me?"

You look at him quizzically, eating into the prank. "No."

Tom lets out a quiet "phew," and he strides over to you again. "Okay," he kisses your cheek again. "I love you."

"Bye," you say again, applying some moisturizer.

"Love," Tom whines, bottom lip jutting out in a point.

"What?" you chuckle.

"Why won't you say it back?"

"Say what back?"

"I love you!" He exclaims, eyebrows pulling together the grumpier he gets.

"What?"

"You won't say it back!" He points, padding his way over to you. "Why?" he says softly.

You giggle this time, hands reaching up for him. You hug his waist despite the fact that you're sitting and he's standing. "Baby, it was a joke."

"A what?"

"I was pranking you, Tom."

Tom gasps, taking a step back and leaving your embrace. His mouth drops open in surprise and you fail miserably at trying to suppress your laughter.

"Y/N! That was so mean!" You laugh again, and he pouts again. "You scared me!"

"I know, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," you insist, pulling him back into your arms as you stand up to properly hug him. "I do love you, though."

"Yeah," he grumbles, finally hugging you back. "You better."