p r o l o g u e

●・○・●・○・●

●・○・●・○・●

𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐑. Her entire body shook, nearly vibrating in terror. The bar had gone eerily silent and she knew why.

They were dead. All dead.

They shouldn't have gotten so close to her and bothered her after she asked them to stop. She tried to reassure herself that she was not in the wrong but the guilt seeped into her. It was enough to terrify her. 

"Are you alright?" A low voice called out to her from across the room.

She glanced up, fury storming in her emerald green eyes, daring the man to step any closer to her. "Don't come any closer!"

He didn't look afraid. No, he looked intrigued, marvelling at the destruction she had caused. "I do not fear you if that is your concern."

"Nor I you." She pushed herself off the ground, holding on to a damaged stool for support. Snow now fell around the man as well. 

His eyes lit up and snow fell gracefully into his palm. "What is your name?"

"Amadora Zima."

"Ah, the gift of winter--" He chuckled, slowly stepping towards her. "A prophesy brought to life."

"And who are you? Seem's like you think you know a lot about me." Her Kaelish accent grew thicker as her defences came up. 

With a dark smile that should've struck fear into her, the man dressed in black extended his hand. "General Kirigan, Leader of the Grisha."

●・○・●・○・●

"𝐔𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐳𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥."

●・○・●・○・●

AMADORA ZIMA pledged her loyalty to the Grisha and the Little Palace at the age of 21, living day to day among her equals, finding solace in a place that seemed like nothing more than a painted building. She never felt truly equal to them though, her distinctive powers keeping her from feeling so.

A Nix Operante or a Frost Summoner as the public called her.

A myth, a legend at that.

Amadora became a valuable asset to the First Army the moment she stepped foot on palace grounds, uniting both the etheralki and the corporalki. Her ability to bring snow, ice and frost at her fingertips drew the attention she had never wished for onto her. But with the help of the Grisha leader, her closest ally, Amadora grew to love her abilities and the power they brought her.

Now, as the second in command to the General, Amadora ran the Little Palace; basking in the glory of her seniority.

For now, she had found her equal in the General and perhaps she had found a little bit more.