Chapter 16

"The Promise"

"You impudent pests are persistent," Jigen commented.

"Well, it is one of our jobs that is to make you struggle," Naruto retaliated.

"Impressive. But how long are you gonna act tough?" Jigen yelled and rushed in Naruto's direction.

Suddenly, Naruto's form changed. He grew his ears longer than their usual forms. It looked exactly like a fox's ears.

His orange-like aura turned into orange-red. Sasuke was dumbfounded for a second.

(It is something related to the Baryon Mode)

"Is this what Naruto talking about?" Sasuke murmured.

"Naruto dashed towards Jigen. He was actually faster than him.

"What is that power? He moves faster than earlier," Jigen whispered.

They exchanged blows. Naruto was making a direct hit to Jigen. Jigen felt the pain, his body shakes.

"You bastard!" Jigen said while wiping the blood in the corners of his lips.

Naruto was unstoppable. He kept on attacking Jigen and the latter tried his best to evade his attacks.

Jigen could feel his body running out of power. He could not keep up with Naruto's speed anymore.

"Incredible," Sasuke murmured.

"Keep going Naruto it seems like he has weakened," Sasuke uttered.

Ceaseless attacks came from Naruto and Jigen was obviously struggling to counter them and he was gasping for air badly.

Naruto was gasping as well. He was losing strength. His chakra was depleting too.

Kurama's chakra cloak slowly vanishes and Sasuke noticed it too.

"I think I have reached my limit," Naruto uttered.

Jigen was on the verge of death as well, but he could still go and counter Naruto's attacks.

"Sasuke, finish him off," Naruto yelled at Sasuke.

Sasuke lunged in their direction and used his Rinnegan's ability to switch with Naruto and Sasuke used Amaterasu to completely burn Jigen.

Jigen screamed and after a few minutes of burning from Sasuke's Amaterasu, he turned into dust.

Sasuke turned his back at Naruto and he saw him lying unconsciously on the ground.

"Naruto!" He yelled and dashed in his direction.

He let his head rest on his lap.

"Naruto, can you hear me? Naruto?!"

"Children, there is no point hiding. I can always find you wherever you go," Boro chuckled.

Boruto and his comrades nodded at each other as if to say they were ready to execute the plan.

"So are you tired of playing hide and seek with me?" Boro smirked when Sarada appeared in front of his eyes.

"We don't plan on hiding forever but to take you down that's the only option we have," Sarada said and charged against Boro.

"You're an incredible child, but I won't hesitate to crush you into pieces," Boro retaliated.

"Lightning Style: Lightning Ball"

Sarada attacked but it seemed to not affect Boro and kept charging in her direction.

Boro threw his arm to punch her but she evaded it. Sarada jumped above him.