Chapter 14

"Return"

"Sumire!!!"

Boruto woke up screaming Sumire's name.

He suddenly stood up from where he was lying on. He looked around from left to right.

"Wait, this is..." he uttered.

He stood up from the ground and jumped up on one of the houses' roofs.

"No way!" He was startled.

The Hokage Stone faces were in front of his eyes. He could feel the fresh warm air of the village.

"I'm really home, but..." he murmured.

"I need to save Sumire from those bastards!" He said while gritting his teeth.

He clenched his fists. He was annoyed and upset at the same time.

"I promise to bring you back, Class Rep. I failed to fulfill my promise to Sousuke in protecting Ms. Kaname, I'm not letting this one fails either," he promised.

He headed straight home, he wanted to go to see his dad first but he realized that his mom and little sister were waiting for him for sure.

"Big brother!" Himawari yelled upon opening the door.

She immediately clung to her big brother. She missed him so much, even Boruto did. He wrapped his arms around her.

He tried not to cry after seeing his younger sister.

"Welcome home," Himawari whispered in his ear.

Boruto's tears were flowing like a waterfall. He could not hold them back anymore.

Hinata and Naruto ran toward the entrance of the house and the view in front of them created grains of tears in the corners of their eyes.

"It's that really you, Boruto?" Hinata asked trying to hold her tears back.

Boruto looked at her with teary eyes.

"Mom..." he muttered.

"Dad..." he continued when he saw Naruto standing next to his mom.

"Boruto. Glad you're safe," Naruto uttered and he and Hinata moved closer to their children.

He and Hinata gave Boruto their warmest welcome back greetings.

"Welcome home, Boruto..."

Boruto was baffled when he saw an unfamiliar face in their house. He tilted his head a little out of confusion.

"Who is he?" He asked with furrow brows.

All of them switched their gaze in the direction of Boruto's stares.

"Oh, him. He is Kawaki?" Naruto responded.

"Kawaki? Why is he here?" Boruto continued interrogating them.

"It's a long story, you know," Naruto awkwardly smiled while rubbing the back of his head.

"Make it short then," Boruto insisted.

"Boruto, save that for later you might be so tired. Take rest a little," Hinata with her noble mind.

"I'm fine mom, I need to know more about him right now. It's not safe to keep a stranger in the house," Boruto with his so straightforward mouth.

"Boruto, he's cool. You need to calm down," Naruto almost scolding him.

He stared at his father. His eyes were persistent.

"Okay, okay. I'll tell you if that's what you want," Naruto said.