Chapter 12

"Abduction"

"I am asking you, what are you planning to do with Chidori?" Sousuke demanded.

"That is a secret I cannot disclose," Leonard chuckled.

"Bastard!" Sousuke scoffed.

"Are you ready to die?" Leonard mocked him.

Sousuke gritted his teeth of anger.

"As if I will let you," Sousuke growled.

"Captain!" Mardukas shouted upon seeing Tessa stumbled to the floor.

Tremors caused by simultaneous attacks from the enemies made them struggle to escape.

"The ship is..." Tessa lamented.

"Ms. Kaname, let's get out of here. The ship is going down in no time," Boruto told Kaname.

Kaname nodded as a sort of approval to Boruto. They walked down the corridors of the ship trying to reach out to Tessa and others.

An explosion and another made Sousuke worried about his colleagues particularly Chidori. He could not escape from Leonard's eyes.

'Kurz, Major Mao, buy me more time,' Sousuke thought.

'Boruto, take care of Chidori and never break your promise,' Chidori's smiling face flashbacks in his mind.

"Did you say your last prayer?" Leonard laughed.

Sousuke flew into a rage and attacked Leonard with his Arbalest's chain gun.

All his attacks were evaded by Belial's Lambda Driver.

"Shit!" Sousuke cussed.

"Give it up already. You have no match against me. Hand over Kaname Chidori to me and I'll spare your life," Leonard chuckled.

Sousuke smirked at his boastful mouth.

"You should not take that idea seriously. If you will spare my life you will regret it for sure," Sousuke scoffed.

"Oh? So you are giving me no choice but to end your life here? Well then, it's my pleasure," Leonard said and attacked Arbalest simultaneously.

Sousuke activated the Lambda Driver.

"You can still use the Lambda Driver, Sousuke!" Al uttered.

"Ms. Kaname, are you alright?" Boruto yelled when he saw Kaname stumbled to the floor.

She had gloomy, dark eyes. Her mind seemed to be wandering somewhere. Boruto shook her shoulders.

"Ms. Kaname! Ms. Kaname!" Boruto shouted.

Kaname looked like she was not listening to him at all.

She was controlling Arbalest's Lambda Driver since she's the one who created it. Her mind and body were acting strangely. Boruto was worried she might lose herself.

She had her hand on her forehead, she was in pain. Boruto kept on shaking her shoulders to wake her up.

Sousuke remained battling Leonard. At his rate, he did not stand a chance against him. Leonard was piloting a fourth-generation Arm Slave, the only fourth-generation Arm Slave to have existed in the world.

He was presented with fast, continuous, and powerful attacks from Leonard's Belial that were difficult to dodge.

Some parts of Arbalest were taken down and Sousuke was in bad shape. Belial neither had damage nor scratch.