Chapter 3

"Her Last Mission"

The sound of different animals could be heard from the depths that served as a nuisance to the huge forest. A group of five all-black men assembled at a specific spot in the middle of the forest and silently talking with only their eyes visible.

"We need to get Mr. Gauron back to us. It seems that Leaf Ninjas will be escorting him to the borders of the Land of Stone. We need to get him back no matter what." A man said and could be their leader.

The other four men nodded as a response to his statement. They then dispersed and kept themselves hidden.

The rising sun glitters upon the Leaf Village, the chirping birds could be heard in the silent forest. Two men guarding the village's gate could be seen yawning and stretching their arms. The other guy sipped on his tea so the sleepiness he felt disappeared.

A pair of boys and girls appeared walking in a distance. They were heading in the direction of the two men. Upon reaching their place, the guy with a bandage on top of his nose spoke.

"Got a mission today?"

"Yo! Sounds like it.." Boruto replied with a bored tone.

The pair of boys and girls were The New Team Seven including Sumire as the fourth member.

"Boruto, why with such tone?" Sarada muttered while narrowing her eyes.

"Tch. I am expecting an A-Rank or S-Rank Mission but, look what we got..." Boruto blurted while his eyes closed.

Mitsuki was silently watching him.

"Boruto-kun, I believe that every rank mission is important for a ninja and that's why I always do my best in every mission we had but, I kind of understand you somehow. Me too wanted to have a much higher mission but I think that wouldn't happen anymore." Sumire muttered.

Boruto felt kinda anxious about what Sumire had said. He then realized that it was Sumire's last mission so he should have not acted that way and he thought that she was right. Regardless of what kind of rank a mission is, it is still a mission and needed to be accomplished which is a shinobi's duty.

Instead of explaining his side, Boruto shut his mouth and silence took over them.

A few minutes later, two men were approaching their direction. They were revealed as Konohamaru and some unknown man with a huge bag carrying on his back probably the man they would be escorted to the Stone Village. As they moved closer to them, Boruto had finally seen his face. The black-haired man with a scar on his right face, who's probably six feet tall moved his gaze from one to another might be familiarizing their faces.

Konohamaru moved to their side and started introducing them to the merchant.

"Mr. Gauron, the blonde boy is Boruto, the other boy is Mitsuki, the girl with glasses is Sarada and the other girl is Sumire. Team, this is Mr. Gauron, the merchant who you are going to escort to the Land of Stone." Konohamaru muttered.

Mr. Gauron remained silent and still gazing at them. After a while, he spoke to them.

"So kids will be escorting me, huh? I don't know what a ninja can do, this is my first time seeing real ninjas, I only heard of them from gossips and news."

Konohamaru tilted his head as if to say 'seriously, man?'

Even Boruto and the rest were confused about the merchant's statement.

"Where the hell this old man came from? From another planet, maybe?"

Boruto in his mind while narrowing his eyes.