Chapter 8 : Surprises

"Me first!" Rimi said.

"No me first!" Adish opposed.

They both were standing at the door step of their apartment, after coming in, and were busy arguing on who would give the surprise first. It would seem lame to other people, but to them it was very much logical. And why wouldn't it be? They had always been like this, maybe from when they were in kindergarten! 

"Argh! Okay fine let's do a toss!" Rimi suggested. Adish nodded and fished out a one rupee coin from his pockets.

"I take tails." He stated and tossed the coin.

"Let me see!" Rimi stated enthusiastically, but as soon as she saw the coin the excitement from her face drained away and it was replaced by a sad face, "You cheated!" She added sadly yet her face just depicted how cute she looked saying that, with a slight pout and a faint glimmer in the eyes.

"No I didn't! And See. I told you to let me do it first!" Adish grinned. He then turned her around and tired his big handkerchief on her eyes, after folding it.

"Hmm, Careful Adish!" She murmured and held his hands for support.

"Where the hell are you taking me?" She asked curiously, and a bit irritated by the no vision thing.

"I'm giving you a surprise and you are mouthing 'Hell'! You'll see! Wait." He answered near her ear, those words sent down shivers down her spine. She wondered how he still had the same effect on her, just like years ago.

"Okay, so stand here and don't move!" Adish said and left her hand. She stood there, her hands shoved into the pockets of her jeans. 

"Adi, You there?" She asked just to make if he'd left her alone, and a bit tensed. What if he actually did?

He came from the behind, and opened the handkerchief.

She stood there, opening her eyes and blinking them to let the light seep in properly, her mouth covered with both her palms in surprise when she saw what was there in front of her! The surprise was indeed a surprise!  She just couldn't take her eyes of the view she was seeing in front of her.

They were standing in their bedroom. It was totally dark, but those clusters of stars, galaxies, clusters, planets and nebulae on the false ceiling had came their way to make it spectacular scene to Rimisha. She looked around although her eyes remained there of the roof, there was a small projector, projecting those pictures like a planetarium in their room.

Happiness overflowed through her. She was not expecting this at all! He had just gifted her with one hell of a surprise. 

"Your first dream." Adish murmured from the back.

Rimi looked at him amazed that he remembered and hugged her with all her might and strength!

"Thank You!" She murmured still hugging him.

"Yeah. yeah. You liked it?" Adish asked lost, had his idea been a hit? He had been thinking about it since their mothers had told them that he had to give her a wedding surprise, which wouldn't be the usual jewelry. Then, he had thought of this. 

"No," Rimi paused, then smiled and said, "I LOVED it!" She grinned and broke the hug.

"And your surprise is still waiting!" She smiled and worked him to his workroom.

"I haven't seen it." He said frowning at the door.

"No, So see it now!" She opened the door for him and turned on the lights.