Chapter 11 : Uff! Not Suicide!

Rimi quickly drove over to the hospital. She couldn't wait to see her brother anymore. She parked the car in front of B.P Poddar Hospital and in a hurry got down of the car in a hurry. 

"Rimi! Easy!" Adish said and clutched her wrist from the back. She looked at him with puffed red eyes and nodded. Adish too nodded and let go of her hand. She needed to gain a bit of composure, but Adish knew that it wasn't easy at all. 

"Rishav Sengupta?" Adish asked at the reception.

"305 sir, 3rd floor." The lady there informed. They quickly went up, while she kept licking and chewing the corner of her lips in helplessness and he squeezed her hands a bit more. 

Rimi's mother and father, Adish's father and mother, two of Rishav's friends all where present there. Rimi's mom was still crying and Adish quickly took her side.

"Mima, You are toh the Iron woman of the family, then? Its okay! Please don't cry." He knelt in front of his Mima and cupped her tear stricken face. 

"But, Adi...Baccha, What? And Why?" She asked looking for answers at his face.

"We'll find out." He quipped and blinked his both eyes reassuringly, hugging her to let her stiffen up her frail composure. She smiled a bit and kissed Adish's forehead.

The doctor came out of Rishav's room, wanting to talk with someone. Rimi stepped forward this time. She desperately wanted to know his condition. 

"Yes doctor. How is he?" She asked trying to act as calm as possible.

"He's fine actually. The slit wasn't very deep, though could've turned fatal if not seen early. Doesn't seem like a suicide attempt as it seems. Because I think he himself tried to tie up the wound or something...And there are some small wounds too. And he's conscious now. One person can meet. Nothing to worry about, the blood loss was the reason for fainting, he is okay." The doctor gave a small smile and informed the facts.

Rimi let out a sigh of relief.

"Who is Rimi here?" A nurse asked coming out from the room.

"I am." Rimi looked at her.

"Mr. Rishav wants to talk to you." The nurse said and went away.

Rimi told the others to wait outside till she talked with Rishav and told them not to worry. She signaled Adish to take care of her mom and he nodded.

"Rish..." Rimi said as she entered the room and came and sat near his bed.

The blood and saline IV's were plunged into in and they were drained out into his veins. She flinched inside at the sight. It was her baby brother after all, she hated seeing him life that. The baby boy whom she had seen wrapped up in the little white towel in the hospital, wrapped up in the blanket which had looked so fluffy, she couldn't possibly bear seeing him with needles piercing his skin.  

"Di! So glad to see you here. So long huh!" Rishav grinned at her. His voice excited but a bit below normal.

Rimi smacked him lightly on the shoulder.

"But I'm not glad seeing you here!" She said frustrated. "Why did you do something like this? I know you'll be somewhere in the top in university as always. And to think it that way I remember that you had once said me not to do something irrational!" She grunted.

"No! I didn't do it Di! It was an accident and that's what I called you for!" He protested.

"Accident?" She looked at him perplexed.