Chapter 10: Ups and Downs?

Chapter 10 : Ups and Downs? 

(Rimi's POV)

Withing a single day after that, we became so busy in work again that we didn't even get time for ourselves let alone the other one. The reason also being that both of us owned our own business and were too busy even normally doing everything, on top of that we'd already taken about more than 20 days of holiday due to our marriage and honeymoon plans. This thing had certainly led to a bigger chaos.  We were so busy sorting all of that, that lunch was sent to us by either my mother or his mother, and a few weeks later we had kept a maid who cooked our meals early in the morning before we left, along with that also cleaned the apartment. 

I flopped over the bed as soon as I returned back from office not even bothering to change into my casuals!

It was the month of July, the end actually. It was already been some time since we got married. Well we got married in April!  Damn the summers. I remembered how hot it was on our wedding day, although the place we had booked had been centralized with air conditioners. Thank goodness the rains had started setting in now, at least the temperature was in check. 

"Oh! Gosh! I need a break and some partying!" I huffed to myself turning on the A.C. at the lowest temperature possible.

"And someone's gonna help you in that." Someone else entered and added smirking. It was obviously Adish, who else could it be. No one would be home other than the both of us. 

"What do you mean? You know very well that weekends we spend either at your Mima's house or my Manni's house." I answered turning towards him. In simple words, we spent the weekend at either my parent's place or his. 

He opened his coat, loosened his tie and threw them over to the bedside. I knew before midnight he wouldn't bother to dump them in the washing machine. I had told him numerous times before, but he choose better to ignore than listen to me. 

"This week at Deep's!" He answered casually, his lips bent in a crooked smile. 

"What!?" I yelped as my eyes almost popped out and I sat up. 

"He called me." Adish informed me ruffling his hair and opening few buttons of his shirt, to let the air pass out. "Ah! Home feels super nice!" He exclaimed standing in front of the AC. 

"My best friend calls my husband and not me, that to for a Party invite?" I cocked my eyebrow. This was turning out to be suspicious. They weren't in such good terms now, were they? 

"My luck babe." He chuckled a bit at me and went to the wash room to change into casuals. 

It was still the evening so I changed into track pants and a normal T-shirt, by chance if anybody came here. Or else I could have just changed into my PJs for the night. 

I came out of washroom, and Adish was on the bed, reading some business magazine, which actually belonged to me.

I heard my phone ringing and I picked it up, it said "Mummy" calling. I almost sprang up to answer the call.

It was Bappa on the other side, and the news he delivered from the other side left me in horror and unable to move even an inch.

I didn't answer, I could hear Mummy had taken over the phone. She was saying the same thing, but that moment I couldn't answer and I could feel Adish's gaze upon me. 

***

"What..What are you saying Mummy!" I screamed over the phone as tears rolled down my eyes. There was no way that I couldn't cry after hearing the news I had just received!

"What happened? Rimi?" Adish came and stood in front of me, giving me worried and shocked expression. I didn't answer. I didn't have the power to answer anymore. He snatched away the phone from me and turned the loud speaker on. By my expression, I think he knew whatever it was, was serious. 

"Hello, Mima? What's going on? Why are you crying? Ki hoiche? (What happened?)" He asked all in a go. I knew of this side of his. More than his own mother he could never see my mom or as I say his Mima shed even a single drop of tear. He just couldn't bear with it!

"Adi...Baccha." Mummy answered sobbing.

"Please, please don't cry Mima, what is it?" He asked his voice more tense and deep. I'd already fallen on the bed sitting, unable to think. Unable to react! Why did he? Why did he? That was the only question running in my mind. 

"Adi, Rish-Rishav." She continued sobbing.

"What? Rishav what Mima? What happened to him?" He asked unable to hide his overflowing concern for my brother. He was practically his brother too. They have always been close as brothers. 

"Adi...He slit his wrist!" Mummy declared crying. "We are at the hospital now. You and Rimi come fast! Please, Baccha!" she pleaded over.

"Mima, Shh! Stop crying! Bappa is there na...Shh! We are coming, wait!" Adish disconnected the call and covered his mouth with his left, rubbing those sweat beads above his upper lip and his chin.

I let the tears down silently. I hated making noise while crying at any matter. I was feeling helpless suddenly! I was here sitting utterly helpless, while my little brother was there in the hospital loosing blood. 

"Come! Lets go!" Adish pulled me up and rubbed my tear trails. I nodded. Quickly went to the basin and splashed my face with water. I had to be strong, for my brother at least. 

"Lets go! Fast!" I hurried. We didn't bother to change from our casuals. I quickly went and grabbed the keys of my car.

Adish intertwined his hand with mine other one and pressed it hard. Just to remind me that everything was going to be fine.The thing I was worried about that my brother had severe stress during his last exam and this stupid act of his could now turn fatal to his body!Bhaiya was my life! I couldn't even breathe without talking to him once in a day!

"You shouldn't drive in this condition you know." Adish said cupping my face to wipe the tears away with a soft touch.

"Please, let me." I said, practically pleaded. He nodded reassuringly and I quickly drove us to the hospital. 

****

Thank you guys for the love and support! 520+ views, thank you! 

Hope you keep loving and liking...♥ 

EDITED (NOV, '15)