Almost Caught

(Y/N) POV

It's been a week now since Noya's accident. There is practice today and Noya was super excited all day at school. When I would see him in the hallways he would smile ear to ear.

His stitches weren't all the way gone yet but he went to the doctors and got cleared enough for volleyball and that's all he really cared about at the moment. I haven't been to the practices the following week so I could be with Noya and make sure that he wasn't alone during the healing time and the team agreed that that would be the best thing.

We did get busted for skipping and running from Noya's teacher, the one he pulled a prank on which resulted in us both getting detention. The only thing was that they separated us this time so all week I sat bored in an empty classroom after school for two hours.

The final bell rang and the school dismissed. Most people grouped up talking about what they were going to do this weekend and some ran down the hallway to get home as soon as they could.

I made my way through the crowd and people leaving, finding my way to the gym. Noya was already there warming up with Asahi. He looked so excited to be back and I could tell that he would be very energized and efficient at practice today.

The rest of the team showed up and greeted us back at practice. Kiyoko walked through the doors with Coach. After seeing her I ran up and gave hug.

"(Y/N) what are you doing?" she asked. I stopped hugging her and backed up a little to give her personal space. "I missed ya," I said excitedly to be back.

She smiled and said, "I saw you last week though". I giggled and responded, "I know but I'm glad that me and Noya could be back for practice and stuff like that".

She nodded and motioned me to follow her. We sat on the bench and watched the team warm-up. Coach pulled Noya to the side and questioned him to make sure that he was healed and not just lying so he could play again.

Shortly after there was a pep talk and me and Kiyoko joined in. Coach Ukai discussed how they were going to have a practice match right before they had prefectures. They would be playing a team from Nekoma High.

The practice match would be next Friday afternoon after school and would be held here at Karasuno.

"Okay since Noya has been out, we need to give it our all to work together and help him catch up on what he missed," Coach Ukai said. "Yes Coach" the team replied and they all put their hands in the middle.

Kiyoko worked on some signals and wrote them down for me while I was gone and had a copy for Noya too. I thanked and hugged her for her generosity since she didn't have to do that for me and him.

We sat on the bench watching the boys and showed me their signals while they did them. Noya started to pick up on what they were doing and started going with it.

"I have to ask you something and I know it may be early but I need to know," Kiyoko asked, a little more serious than usual. I turned towards her and nodded a little nervous as to what she was going to ask.

"Are you going to take the position as Karasuno's main volleyball manager after I'm gone at the end of this year or should I start looking for another person?" she said in a tone that was threatening.

I know she meant it as nicely as possible but Kiyoko is pretty intimidating. I knew that she was going to ask this question sooner or later as we were almost halfway done with the school year.

I had thought about this question a lot on my own. At first, being the assistant manager was only a favor that I owed her but the more I watched the team and grew closer to all of them, especially Noya I actually started enjoying it.