Chapter 38

Wang Yibo's POV

My entire body started to shake uncontrollably, everything was happening too fast, "b-but you said . . ."

"When a Grim Reaper has reaped 666 souls, they are granted a single wish, most would wish for a second chance in life, but I used it for something else . . ." Lily let the words hang in the air, but it doesn't take long for me to piece them together.

"You used it for me . . ." I look her straight in her eyes, Lily nodded, her eyes filled with guilt, "I figured the least I can do is give you a chance at a better life, even if it's only for a short time . . ."

The pain in her face and voice was unbearable, my legs buckled and I fell to the ground, I couldn't even cry or say a single word, all I could do was look at Lily in shock, "please say something, Yibo . . ." Lily went to her knees in front of me, her lips were trembling and her eyes were glassy with tears.

"I just don't want you to . . . Oh God . . . I don't even want to imagine such a thing." Tears started to drop freely down her cheeks and Lily doesn't even try to wipe them away, "I'm so sorry, I couldn't help you when you needed it the most, Yibo . . ." My heart was completely broken seeing her this way.

I just wanted to take away all of that pain, it's my turn now, Lily . . .

I gently wipe her tears away, offering her my sincerest smile, "thank you, Lily . . ."

"W-Why . . . Are you thanking me?"

"For caring about me so deeply when you didn't even know me." Lily hung her head as her voice dropped to such a sad whisper.

"I wish I could turn back time and give you the life you deserve." I lifted her face to look at me, brushing away her tears.

"I'm forever thankful you've given me a second chance, I just . . . Hope you won't forget about me." She shook her head, "I don't think that would ever be possible . . ." After everything calmed down Lily snapped her fingers again.

A bright light blinded me, and when I opened my eyes again, we're in a different place, Lily grinned, and it made me nervous, "I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but it's almost time . . . Yibo, this is your last moment for your second life, who would you like to ride the Ferris wheel with?"

I looked at her and she gave me a firm nod, I turned to him, "Would you mind joining me, Zhan . . . ?"

"It would be my pleasure." I turned to face Haoxuan and Lily before getting in.

"Better behave yourself up there," Lily said, giving a tight smile as Haoxuan laughed, "yeah! Don't think we won't be watching." Without much hesitation, I hugged both of them to hide my rising tears.

"W-Whoa! What's the matter, Yibo?" I smiled at Haoxuan, patting his head, "I-I'm just a little afraid of heights."

"I'm sure Zhan will help with that fear." both of them returned the hug, and I shut my eyes tightly to hold back the tears from spilling.

I gave them a big smile before taking Zhan's hand as he leads me into the ride.

The colourful lights around the amusement park looked spectacular this high up, but I'm not enjoying the view much, glancing at Zhan from time to time.

"Getting bored of the view again?" Zhan raised a playful eyebrow my way.

"E-Eh? What makes you say that?"

"Because you keep glancing at me." Wow, he's really sharp, but I ignore his playful smirk, crossing my arms, "mind sharing what's in that pretty little head of yours?" I took a moment before answering him with a sincere smile.