Chapter 11

Wang Yibo's POV

I stopped by the open restroom (for both genders to avoid upcoming confusion XD) to wash my hands before getting back to work, there were only two female staff members by the sink deep in conversation.

I was just minding my own business until I caught some of their words.

"Did you hear his last movie flopped?" One of the girls said who was blonde.

"How did he even got the lead role, then? I bet this one will flop, too!" The other brunette responded.

"I know, right? After he had a scandal with that one actress . . ." The blond girl stopped while looking at the other.

"Gee . . . How shameless can he be?" My ears burned as I overheard the girls' gossip, ignore it, it's none of your business, I kept saying it to myself, but my legs froze.

"Did you see what she wore?" Huh? What the . . .

"And I thought I was poor! Hahahaha!" Ahh . . . I remembered it now . . .

I found myself back in that nightmare of a restaurant, holding back tears in one of the stalls as best as I could while I got torn to pieces by my colleagues, why won't anyone understand? I didn't ask for this life!

"It's so damn easy to judge, isn't it," I said to my reflection, I could feel my anger rising, about to burst any moment.

"Excuse me? What did you just say?" The blond girl responded to me and I glared at them from the corner of my eye, the two female staff members already looked like they're ready for a fight.

Usually, I would just apologize and crawl away, but this time, I'm not afraid to do what's right!

"Since you two have hearing problems, let me repeat it for you, it's so damn easy just to sit back and judge someone, right?"

"Are you Zhan's fangirl or something?" The brunette glared at me.

"His affairs with the actress and the movie failing are facts!" The blond girl continued.

"Yeah, it's all over the media! Not like we're lying that he's a failure!" I mirrored their smirks.

"Then I don't suppose you mind if I judge you too, right? Fine, but do get your hair fixed, it's as dry as the Sahara desert." I pointed at the first blonde girl while smirking.

"Excuse me!" I ignored her and turned to the brunette.

"And you, what's even on your face? Is that makeup or cake?" I grinned at my own creativity behind my hand.

"Who the heck do you think you are judging us like that?!" The brunette said.

"Not it hurt, doesn't it? You don't know what he's been through, so what gives you the right to judge him?!" Things escalate into a real fight, it got so bad that the manager had to break up the fight . . .

***

"Your first day here and you're already causing this much trouble?" I squared my shoulder, not letting the manager see my disappointment.

"Fine! You're a slave driver anyway!" I started walking slowly towards the front gates while stomping my feet when someone grabbed hold of my arm, I looked up to see it was Zhan.

"H-Hey Zhan, what's up . . ."I trailed off awkwardly, trying to look everywhere except into his killing eyes, he forcefully pulled me away towards his car.

"Ow, ow! Slow down, will you!" I pouted while trying to wriggle myself away from his tight grip that slowly started to hurt more and more.

"You sure didn't slow down your mouth when you got into a fight with those women," all that I could hear from his voice was pure annoyance . . .