Chapter Nine: Confessing

A/N: SURPRISE UPDATE. lol. Hi babes :) this might be short, but I really wanted to publish it already. I seriously love it when you guys comment on my updates to please keep doing that. I hope everyone had an amazing start to their new year! love you all. sorry if there were typos in this one. :/ enjoy! 

- bea

--------------------------------------------

"So you guys were fine without me?" Simon asked. He arrived home an hour early and thank God none of us were hungover from the other night.

"Yeah, we just watched movies the whole night," Louis lied like a professional.

"What movies?" He questioned checking his phone. Louis frantically looked at us for backup. I shrugged with wide eyes and so did the others. Realizing we didn't answer, he looked up from his device suspiciously.

"Oh one of them was that really old comedy that started with.. an L... I forgot what it was called," Zayn stuttered.

"Large Lewis and the Turd?" Simon guessed looking back at his mobile. All of us were taken by surprise. Niall let out a small chuckle until we all glared at him.

"Yeah Jenessa loves that one, I would know," Harry forced a laugh. Can their acting get any worse? Lord help us.

"Well okay. I'm going upstairs to freshen up." With relief we all sighed in unison. Just as soon as we were about to start talking again, Simon's head poked out of the door frame.

"Oh and next time you decide to lie your way out, at least know the name of a real movie title?" He smirked and left us shocked.

"Seriously? 'That movie that starts with an L?' I thought you boys could lie better than that," I scoffed. Zayn made a bored face as the rest of us laughed at him.

"Hey it was worth a try," he murmured.

"You tried buddy, you tried," Liam patted his shoulder still chuckling.

Unsurprisingly, an hour later we found out that Simon wasn't going to let us go unpunished. We were to take turns doing the laundry for a week. You can bet that we were all definitely ""ecstatic"" about the new chore. I took the job the first day just to get it over with.

Carrying the laundry basket into the living room, I dropped it onto the couch. Niall and Harry were already in there with the TV on.

"Hey Jen." "Hey Ness." They both greeted me, Niall not taking his eyes off his phone and Harry busy in the middle of watching the football game on the screen.

"Hey boys," I replied.

Tediously pulling clothes out of the basket, I began my folding. Fifteen minutes passed, and the game ended, so Harry grabbed the remote to find another source of entertainment. After flipping through the channels for a while he settled on the news; probably because there was nothing left in the afternoon to watch.

"Find the perfect Christmas gift for your lover at Jane's Jewels! We guarantee it will put a smile on her face for the holidays!" The overly peppy commercial caught my attention.

"Oh shit," I cursed, dropping the shirt I was working on and checking my phone for the date. Tuesday, December 15. Christmas is next week already? I guess I forgot all about the time of year we were in. What worried me was that I wasn't sure whether I should buy the boys gifts or not. If yes, what was I suppose to get them?

"You okay there?" The thick Irish accent asked and laughed, noticing my sudden worry. Harry looked at me with a bit concern as well.

"Oh, yeah, haha. I just forgot Christmas was next week," I explained and continued my folding.