Chapter Ten: Sometimes Things Don't Make Sense

- Harry -

I couldn't believe what came out of her mouth. No, what I couldn't believe more was the fact that she's been hiding it from me ever since. How could I not have figured that out? I wanted to, but I couldn't be mad at her though. She's been so fragile all these years and I had no idea. How is any of this even possible? I thought about it slowly, and all the puzzle pieces fit. I remembered all of those suspicions in my head from past experiences.

Not responding, I grabbed her close to me a hugged her tightly. I was speechless. I heard her sniffle as she held on to me as well.

"..I'm sorry I kept it from you," she whispered. I wanted to be angry with her for not telling me, but I couldn't. She's had enough of what she didn't deserve. I rubbed her lower back as she cried into my shoulder. All I wanted to do was drive over to her parents and beat the hell out of them. But for her sake I stayed calm and kept myself from losing my temper. Her crying didn't stop and she was breathing heavily. 

"Ness, calm down. You're safe now. We're all here for you. You have nothing to worry about anymore," I made her look at me. My hands reached for her cheeks and I got rid of then tears on her cheeks with my thumbs. 

"I promise to beat the hell out of both of them next time, okay?" I attempted to make her feel better. A smile tugged at her lips and I was successful.

"Only you would say that," she rolled her eyes and hugged me again. I held her tight and kissed her head lightly. 

"I think we should get back," I said. She nodded and we left.

The car ride consisted of us talking about her family and how she got here in the first place. Her story started out with her running away from home. She explained how her uncle, A.K.A Simon's brother Tony, sent her to Simon's house. I learned all about their agreement on her plan to stay for two months. I guess I was pretty upset to hear that we only had a month left with her. We've all become very close with her. Louis also came across my mind. Sadly, he had a similar tragedy in his family.

"Are you going to tell the other boys?.." She suddenly asked.

"Well, Jen, they're going to have know eventually," I tore my eyes off the road and glanced at her. She nodded and sighed. 

"I'll talk to them if you'd like," I offered.

"No, I can do it. They deserve to hear from me," she explained. I nodded staying silent. "But I would like you to help me out and be there with me.." She added timidly. 

"Of course," I grinned. 

We pulled into the parking lot and made our way into the house. Zayn and Niall were lazily lying on the couch with the TV on. 

"Hey boys," Jenessa greeted them, waking Zayn up. Niall nodded at her and Zayn waved.

"And they're back!" Louis and Liam entered the room. 

"Where have you two been?" Liam questioned.

"Um, boys.." Jenessa looked at me and I nodded, encouraging her to go on.

"I need to talk to you guys," she came clean. All of them looked concerned and payed more attention this time. 

"Of course, what is it love?" Louis asked. Everyone sat closer together and eyed the girl in the middle. 

"Well, obviously, I'm here living with you boys for a reason. And I haven't really told you that reason yet," she spoke slowly. I could tell by her tone and she was extremely nervous. Her eyes started watering as she stared at the ground. Taking a seat next to her, I put my hand on her knee and whispered, "It's gonna be okay." Now the boys' eyebrows were raised because the thought of how she arrived here hasn't really occurred to them until now.