Chapter Eleven: Stupid Publicity

- Jenessa -

The birds chirped outside my window and the sun shone through the curtains signaling the time of day. Letting out a huge yawn, I just lay there staring at the ceiling. My thoughts lingered on the events the other night..

Shaking it off, I got up and decided to take a quick shower to take my mind off things. I tend to over-think things, especially in the past, but I'm not letting that happen this time. Over-thinking causes worry, and worry causes stress. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Feeling refreshed, I wrapped myself in my towel and headed into my room to change. I found a pair of basketball shorts, a black tank top, and my Starbucks hoodie. Comfy, I decided to keep my wet waves down and left them to lay tediously on my right shoulder. Feeling confident, I left my room quickly and headed to the kitchen. No one was there yet and the house was completely silent. I glanced at the time and saw and it was only six in the morning. Well, more alone and quiet time for me. Deciding to be a nice person, I chose to cook breakfast for everyone.

I opened the fridge and found a box of waffles. All I needed to do was toast them and then they'd be ready. Easy enough. I took the plates and silverware and set them around the table. While waiting for the waffles to golden, I turned on the kettle and put the syrup on the table. A couple more minutes later, the waffles were ready to be taken out. Carefully, without burning myself, I grabbed a couple with my hands and ran over to the dining table to put them down. I cursed and winced in pain as the heat bore into my skin. After I finished transferring them all to the table, I took a deep breathe and put my hands under cold water.

"You okay there?"

I turned from my position at the sink to see Niall walking in.

"Oh, yeah.. Sorry about the noise, did I wake you?" I worried.

"No, my food sense tingled and woke me," he joked. I shook my head at this and chuckled. "You cooked all this?"

"Yep," I nodded.

"That's nice, thanks Jen," he took a seat at the table and started eating. I just watched as began to chow down then came to a stop.

"Would you like to join me?"

"Sure," I took a seat next to him. Silently, I picked up my fork and took a bite.

"So.. About last night?" He started.

"What?"

"Jen, the whole house could hear you two," he said plainly. Luckily, the kettle went off just in time for me to answer the question.

"Hold that thought," I stood up from my seat and poured the hot tea into seven cups.

"Morning!" Liam walked in smiling.

"Morning Li!" I greeted back. Niall nodded at him as well.

"Gooood morning!" Louis exclaimed.

"Oh wow, breakfast is made! Jen you cooked this?" Liam asked and took a seat across from Niall and Louis sat on the other side of my seat.

"Yeah, I don't know, I just decided to be a nice person," I joked.

"Wow," he said under his breath, but loud enough to hear.

"What?" I questioned.

"Well.. It's just, you didn't seem to be.. In the best mood the other night," Louis stared at his plate afraid of my reaction.

"Ah, never mind that. It's okay now," I put my best convincing smile on.

"Are you sure? It sounded pretty serious." Niall and Liam both looked at me with concerned eyes. My act wasn't going on well but I kept it up.