Chapter Seven: Let's Start Over

hello lovelies. enjoy this chapter. don't hate on Christian. (;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been almost two weeks. The snow began to fall, and before we knew it, we were in the month of December. The boys' are working extremely hard on their album. Their excitement makes me smile like a fool. Although they won't let me listen to any of it. It's a 'surprise'. Who knows what that means? Whatever. I've gotten closer with them and they're definitely growing on me. My daily routine included shouting at them obviously for their idiocy, cooking for them, and tagging along on their interviews, photo shoots, meet and greets, etc. I'm still known as Simon Cowell's assistant. All I do is carry around a pad or paper to play the part. Simon didn't think it was safe to tell people who I really was yet. I'm okay with that because I'm not one to seek attention. No thank you. Basically, my life right now is going pretty good and I feel content.

The next morning I woke up to an empty house. There was a yellow note left on the counter.

To Jenessa: Morning! We had to go to the studio to do some recording for our album. Sorry we forgot to tell you yesterday. Anyway, we won't be back until about 5 in the evening. There's always food in the fridge and give any of us a call if you need anything. Enjoy your day! Love, Blondie, Sassy, Quiff, Joe, and Curls. (Not idiots)

I smiled as I read the teasing nicknames I gave them at the bottom of the note. They're still idiots. I checked the time. 8:21. Oh well, I needed a day to myself anyway. Walking further into the kitchen, I made myself a bowl of Cheerios and milk. I sat myself in front of the telly and got comfy.

Three hours passed and there was nothing interesting to watch. I checked my phone for any texts. Then I remembered that I had no other friends other than the boys. Oops.

Pulling myself off of the couch, I looked out the window. The sun shone down on the bright white snow and it looked perfect. I decided to go get some fresh air and explore. I slipped on a pair of uggs, wrapped a scarf around my neck, and put on a leather jacket. This should be good enough. Just as I was about to walk out the door I realized that I couldn't leave without locking the door. Then how would I get back inside? Well... I didn't think this through. Simon hasn't given me the key yet. Maybe there's a key under the mat? I stepped off the mat and lifted it up. Sitting there was a tiny rusty key all alone. Quickly, I stuffed it into my pocket, walked out, shut the door, & locked it. Man, I got lucky.

As I walked, I realized that it was odd that Simon lived in such a suburban area. I would expect a "head honcho" like himself to live where all the busy streets were. It was nice that he was able to find such a peaceful place in the big city of London. I didn't even know there was any such place. Soon, an cute little park came into my view. The swings and slides topped with bright clean snow. I couldn't help but wonder when it was last played on. On the side was a bench, and a few oak trees. After deciding it looked safe, I took some steps into the snow. The playground looked undoubtedly stunning without any footprints ruining it. So I decided to leave it that way.

Cleaning the snow off the bench, I took a seat. With the serenity of the park and the calmness of the white snow, I let my eyes rest and enjoyed the quiet for a bit. I don't catch opportunities like this very often with those energetic boys'. However, it was only a few minutes until the vibration of my phone ruined it. Will I ever get a break from them?

I groaned and grabbed my phone out of my pocket. I opened my eyes to be greeted with a text from an unknown number.

From: 1-423-655-3320  

So you didn't bother to get a hold of me at all, love? xx - Christian (from the phone store)

Weird. I forgot all about him. But knowing he remembered me made me feel warm and happy. I guess it would be nice to have a new friend to hang out with. Quickly, I saved his number into my phone and texted him back.