Chapter 9: Bedtime

"That was a good movie," Eda said as the credits rolled. "I especially liked that surfing scene."

"That's a good scene," said Luz. "It was so cute how Stitch wants to surf with everyone even though he can't swim."

"Yeah, cute," Eda said, deciding not to tell Luz that she liked that scene because of how Nani and David looked in their swimsuits.

"I liked the parts when the little blue monster-" King began to say. He had woken up from his nap as soon as stuff started exploding.

"Stitch," Luz corrected him. "His name is Stitch. And he's not a monster. He's a genetic experiment."

"Right, I liked the parts when Stitch destroyed stuff. I wish we could have seen him wreak havoc in a big city like he wanted."

"Stitch didn't want to wreck havoc. Okay, he did at first. Ultimately, though, deep down, he wanted to belong. Stitch only destroyed things because he was lonely and sad."

"I still say it was a waste of awesome power."

"You gotta admit the scene where Stitch saved Lilo from Gantu was pretty cool, though. Using his awesome powers to save the people he cares about."

"Yeah, I guess that was pretty cool. Although I think there should have been more violence and blood," King said while wagging his tail.

"You think every story needs more violence and blood. Besides, I don't think Disney would have made the movie if there was any of that stuff."

"Cowards!"

"My favorite part was when Stitch gets to stay on Earth with his new family," said Amity.

"That was my favorite scene as well," said Lilith.

"Ooo! That's a good one! I love a happy ending!"

"Well, I'd say this was a happy ending to a busy day," said Eda, getting up from the couch. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to bed."

"Going to bed sounds great," said Amity with a yawn.

"What?!" said Luz with a look of disappointment. "But the sleepover's just started! I thought we were going to stay up late, paint our nails, play truth or dare, and stuff like that!"

"We can do that some o-yaaawn-ther time, Luz."

"Wait," said Lilith. "Miss Blight sleeping here tonight? Why was I not told?"

Eda, Luz, and Amity exchanged looks upon realizing their absentmindedness. They had all forgotten to tell Lilith about the incident at Blight Manor with Amity's parents and that Amity was moving into The Owl House.

"What?" said Lilith, looking confused.

They filled Lilith in on the situation, although Eda and Amity mutually decided to leave out the part where Amity had a brief relapse of fear and almost went back to Blight Manor to appease her parents. Lilith was made anxious by this news of Mr. Blight almost ending Luz's life and Amity leaving her parents as abruptly as she did. She sympathized with Amity's plight, but Lilith was mainly concerned for her family's safety.

"This is troubling indeed," said Lilith. "Alador and Odalia Blight are two of the most influential witches on the Boiling Isles, not to mention some of the most prideful. I don't imagine they will allow for Luz's defiance to stand or let Miss Blight stay here with us."

"We're not going to let them take Amity away," said Luz.

"I never said we should, only that we should prepare for ruthless retaliation."