Part 12

"What?!" Brighteye yelled a little too loudly, jumping up and standing on the furry carpet. 

       "Oh, yeah. I helped with enchanting this place to be safe!" Megalodon said, turning around to walk out the door.

                  "Wait, what do you mean? How many spells were cast? What is happening?"  Brighteye said, her wings twitching. 

       Everybody had heard about Albatross of the seawings. Animus dragons could go insane any second! There was no way to stop an already insane animus from going insane. If Skysoarer went insane, nobody would be able to stop her!

        "Wow, take a chill pill, Brighteye!" Megaladon said, stepping towards Brighteye. 

      "How can I calm down when Skysoarer could go insane at any second!?!" Brighteye panicked, flaring her wings.

             "HEY! Skysoarer will NOT go insane! I enchnated a cute little friendship bracelet to not make her go insane ever!" Megalodon said in a sing-song voice.

                 "Ooh! Also breakfast is ready! we got fish and two fried sloths!" Megalodon cheered, stepping out of the room.

                 Brighteye followed hesitantly. Her room was the second highest point in the palace which was rather surprising. Her room walked out onto a balcony that connected to a spiraling stairwell with windows at every turn. The palace was made out of some sort of shiny rock, maybe quartz? The huge stairwell led into a hallway that was about fifty dragons high. Megalodon turned into a room with royal blue curtains covering the entrance. Brighteye ducked her head as she walked into the new room.

            The room was lit by a cozy campfire and there was the recognizeable shape of Skysoarer sitting next to it with her wings by her sides.

                           "Oh. Hey, Megalodon, Brighteye." Skysoarer said, narrowing her eyes and flicking her tail. 

                                "Hi, is there any food? Like- fruit, here..?" Brighteye asked as Megalodon sat down near the fire and grabbed a roasted sloth.

                         "Nope. Only sloths and a few fish." Skysoarer yawned, folding her wings.

                                "Oh. I guess i'll have a fish." Brighteye said nervously, sitting down around the campfire and grabbing a slightly undercooked salmon and putting into her mouth immediately.

                                   "Oh! Skysoarer! You look tired, are you alright?" Megalodon asked, chewing the charred sloth, "Ewwww cooked food is gross."

                                "No it's not! It's way better than eating it raw!" Brighteye laughed, reaching for another fish.

                                         "Eh, I stayed up all night so I could enchant this kingdom to be safe." Skysoarer sighed, laying down and flicking her tail back and forth.

                               "Oh, cool! Now the kingdom is even MORE safe!" Megalodon said, smiling. 

                     "Oh..." Brighteye said nervously, holding her wings around herself. 

                                 Brighteye could tell that the day that Skysoarer went insane creeping closer, and closer.

________________

Hey guys! I dont usually do things like this so im trying it out :D

Updates will be more spread out an uncommon from now on since it's the last week of school so I need to work harder and put in more effort, so stay with me and please dont leave me alone to rot in the sewer please :)