Ch. 9

Aether and the team managed to retrieve the lyre, restore it to full power, and meet up at the winery. As the group marveled at the fully restored Holy Lyre der Himmel, Paimon remembered something the tone-deaf bard once said.

"Wait, so Y/n has the ability to purify too? tone-deaf bard said he would have gone to Y/n to purify the tears," Paimon asked.

"Well judging by Aethers abilities, I think he isn't limited in that ability," Y/n smiled bashfully.

"What do you mean, Y/n?" Jean asked.

"Well, when I use that same ability I lose stamina and energy in the process. But it's nothing a little sleep can't fix," Y/n explained.

"So purifying things like this would make you tired?" Paimon asked.

"If I use that ability too much yes," Y/n nodded. " Though I usually don't have to use it often. But getting back on track, where should we summon Divalin?"

"why not here at the winery?" Paimon asked.

"Umm, wouldn't that most likely destroy Diluc's office and house?" Y/n Gasped.

"I would certainly appreciate it that we don't destroy my business. Maybe someplace high and far away from Mondstadt," Diluc huffed.

"I think I know the perfect place in mind," Aether some up.

______________

I've never journeyed as far as Starsnatch Cliff before. Halfway climbing up the mountain said, after a great distance of walking really tired me out.

It started to get harder to keep up with Venti and Diluc.

"Are you alright Y/n?" Diluc asked as he slowed down.

"Just tired. I'll catch up soon," I huffed with exhaustion.

As I stopped to rest, I noticed that Diluc was suddenly next to me. He slowly lowers himself, just enough for me to climb onto his back.

"Get on," He said simply.

"W-wait isn't it offensive to centaurs to climb onto their backs?" I asked.

"Only if they climb on without consent. But I am offering you some assistance," Diluc explained as he helped me onto his back.

"Oh, Master Diluc I too am feeling tired. May I also get a lift?" Venti asked as dramatically stumbled to his knees.

"No," Diluc said simply as he stood up and picked up his paste.

I couldn't help but chuckle as Venti sighed dramatically, as he whined " How cruel" and quickly ran to catch up to Diluc and me. As we approached the top of the cliff, I turned my head back to see Jean and Aether flying over to our meeting spot.

"Good. It seems where all here," Diluc said simply.

"What a view," Paimon awed.

"Lovely for a fated reunion isn't it," Venti smiled. " Well, we must be prepared for a fight."

"Regardless of the outcome, things finally seem to be taking a turn for the better. Mondstadt has really gone through so much recently," Jean smiled softly.