Ch.13

It was the time of the windblume festival again. Mondstadt was beautifully decorated, with banners and white flowers everywhere. A week of fun, love, relaxation, and games for everyone, but the local doctor. Cause people tend to get hurt quite a bit on the gliding games, or the same drunkards falling down steps. So No vacation days for Y/n, until Barbara convinced her to enjoy a couple of days of the Festival, while she took care of the patients.

So with some of her work lifted off her shoulder, Y/n decide to wander around the city and enjoy the sights. When a familiar blond traveler and companion wander the city, asking around. As Aether turned and spotted Y/n, he quickly smiled and jogged over to her.

"Hello, Aether. And you too Paimon, why all the running around?" Y/n asked with a light chuckle.

"We're just looking for something to do, we can't go to liyue yet. Cause the opportunity to meet Moarax is almost 5 months away," Paimon said.

"And we already have fast travel to liyue, so we decide to wait around in Mondstadt for a while," Aether said." But it seems that there are no commissions today."

"Also why is the city decorated, a festival?" Paimon asked. " And what's the windblume everyone keeps arguing about."

"Ohh, you heard the windblume flower argument. Well everyone has their own belief on what the windblume flower is. And no one can agree on a specific type," Y/n laughed.

"So what flower do you believe is the windblume?" Paimon asked.

"I'm not sure, a good bard friend told me that, it's something for the heart to decide," Y/n smiled.

"Oh no, don't tell me tone deaf bard is rubbing off on you," Paimon groaned.

"Speaking of 'tone-deaf bard', I believe he is at the statue at the cathedral. Maybe he might have something for you to do," Y/n suggested.

Aether and paimon gave her a look, an unimpressed look. Y/n laughs at their reaction but wishes them a good time at the windblume. 

___________

Sadly her short vacation didn't last long when Barbara became very frantic after a scary letter.

"Barbara are you alright?" Y/n asked as she entered the cathedral.

"N-no, I received an awful letter," Barbara said in a worried tone.

Bennett was with her and showed Y/n the ominous letter Barbara received.

To Dear Miss Barbara,
I have stolen and buried your most precious thing to you

Y/n was indeed unnerved by the letter and began to worry for the young idol and sister of the church. As the three stood in the church, the cathedral doors opened. In walked Aether, Paimon, and Venti.

"Barbara, Kaeya sent us to"

"How dare they! This is sheer  intimidation!" Bennett shouted suddenly.

"How could someone do this.." Barbara whimpered as Y/n tried to comfort her.

"What happened?" Venti asked.