Ch.6

original photo byレナン from Pinterest

As Venti rested his wings he gently placed Y/n against the tree. He sighed in relief as he could feel the poison leave his body. As he turned his attention back to Y/n, he could see the curse's Aura in the form of chains, wrap tightly around Y/n's form. For mortals, this curse would be very difficult to dispel, but for a god, even a weak god like him could remove such a thing. With the help of the cleansing power of the tree, the spell that bound the human started to fade.

"Y/n? are you awake?" Venti asked softly.

Y/n's eye's slowly fluttered open slightly, just enough for some light to enter her eyes. Her limbs felt like they weighed a ton, as she struggles to look up at the voice calling to her. As her eyes opened more, she could see an all too familiar pair of eyes staring into hers.

"Venti? W-where am I?" Y/n groaned.

But before Venti could answer, Aether and Paimon finally caught up. Both not very happy at Venti. " Venti! Do you know the trouble you just caused in Mondstadt!?" Paimon shouted.

"What did you do this time Venti?" Y/n groaned as she rubbed her eyes.

"I may or may have not, technically, not really have kidnapped you," Venti said slowly trying to make it sound like he was not at fault.

"What do you mean, You took an Unconscious girl from her office, that sounds like kidnapping to Paimon," Paimon stomped.

"Ummm, W-well I couldn't let my friend suffer under that curse. I just had to do something," Venti argued to Paimon.

"And know all of mondstadt is worked up, and are looking for the kidnappers," Aether spoke up.

Y/n sighed as she realized how awkward it will be to return suddenly." Well, It's probably best if I return and set everything straight, but I'll put I a good word for you all. But Venti, think things through more next time," Y/n sighed.

Venti frowned slightly when suddenly he felt a soft and gentle kiss on his cheek. He suddenly felt lighter than air, but he managed to keep his composure as he turned to smile at Y/n. "But, Thank you, Venti." 

"No problem, Y/n. I couldn't leave a good friend behind," Venti smiled as his braids started to glow and pulse gently with energy.

Y/n nodded as she slowly made her way back to Mondstadt, all the while Venti's eyes never left her form till she disappeared over the hill. Paimon smirked as she floated closer to Venti.

"So Venti, Paimon thinks you want to be more than just friends with the good doctor," Paimon said with a smug look on her face, as Venti's cheeks turned red.

"A-any ways I need your assistance for my plan to save Dvalin," Venti said quickly as he changed the subject.

________

Y/n finally managed to return to mondstadt, know that the curse has mostly faded. The trip back to Mondstadt wasn't so tortured. As She approached the gate the two guards gasped in shock as they saw the good doctor approach with a warm smile on her face.

"Doctor L/n! You're safe! What happened to you?!" Lawrence asked in relief.

"Sadly, I'm not too sure myself, but the traveler and Venti came to my rescue," Y/n explained.