Ch. 10

The group soon made there way to the barrior of The dragons lair. Strong and powerful winds blew in all direction around the strange and crumbling ruins. It was just as treacherous as it looked, as just around every corner was teaming with abyss mages and Hilichurls.

But the group soon made there way to the top after some side quest of taking down the other barriers. A short resting break later the team readied themselves for the tough battle ahead.

" I'm thinking about turning these Adventures into songs after we're done," Venti smiled.

"Were practically old partners know," Aether said sarcastically.

" hopefully, this song Will Be Sung for years to come by the people of Mondstadt, just like the legend of Vanessa," Venti added.

" have loved that song since I was small," Jean said with a warm smile.

" how are you feeling honorary Knight? I am completely prepared and fully confident that we can do this," Jean said confidently.

" rest assured I am completely ready," Aether nodded.

" even Master Diluc accompanied us to the very end. Despite only being accidentally involved... Bystander," Paimon said.

" you shared your secret with me, and I only returned your trust to the same extent," Diluc answered.

"So trust is what drove you, Master Diluc," Y/n smiled.

" As for master Jean... Responsibility, perhaps? What about the tone deaf bard and Y/n?" Paimon asked.

"It's freedom," Venti answered.

"Freedom?" Paimon asked in confusion.

" when you first arrived at Mondstadt, did no one tell you that Mondstadt is the city of freedom?" Venti asked.

"Amber did," Aether said.

"Hahaha, she really is a child of freedom! Mondstadt is romantic City, without the rain of a king and its citizens enjoy the most Freedom among the Seven Nations. I hope the dragon that once protected monster that will soon be free to. No one should have deceived him by telling him that monster betrayed him. And no one should have told him that it was his eternal duty to protect the city. He has the right and freedom to choose his own way of life," Venti stated with determination in his eyes.

"Aww Venti," Paimon awed, " And what about you Y/n. It kind of feels like you were dragged along."

"Well, I want to repay Aether for saving me back in the forest, and I'd imagine we won't get out of this unscathed. So if any one gets hurt I will do my best," Y/n smiled confidently.

____________

Aether and Venti took to the sky to confront Dvalin, while Jean, Y/n, and Diluc waited on the highest point on the ruins for the dragon. Y/n watched in concern and awe as the two chased the dragon through the sky, damaging the first crystal on it's lower back.

They soon managed to take out the first crystal as Aether and Venti landed on the floated structure on top of the ruins, underneath clouds swirled in a vortex and thunder flashed and rumbled. The group jumped and glided from plate form to platform as everyone tried to wear down the dragon. When Dvalin would stumble onto the plate form, Venti shot his arrows, as Aether, Jean, and Diluc slashed away at the crystal. Y/n Focused her powers and sent beams of energy into the crystal, causing it to crack and weaken.