Astra Logue

Mount Justice: October 24: 13:20 EDT

The day after the therapy sessions with Canary, the Team had started returning to normal. They were currently in the Mission Room in their costumes, watching Nick and Canary about to spar.

Nick smirked. "Are you sure you want to do this cuz?" He asked.

Canary glared. "Bring it on Nicholas." She shot back, smirking. He glared at her for using his full name.

Robin and Wally snickered. "Nicholas." They said. Nick glared at them, shutting them up. He then turned back to Canary.

"Ok. You asked for it." Nick said. He threw a punch at Canary, which she blocked. She then grabbed his arm, and threw him across the ring. But, unlike Connor, who landed on his back, Nick landed on his feet. He turned to Canary.

"Is that the best you got, cuz?" He asked, teasing her.

The Team shared a look. "Is he trying to get Canary to react?" Robin asked, seeing Canary glaring at Nick, who was grinning.

Artemis nodded. "Looks like it. He has got to be crazy." She said.

Nick then launched himself forward, delivering a high kick to Canary, who back flipped to dodge it. But, in doing so, she had caused Nick to be launched into the air.

"Woah!" Nick cheered, landing his feet again. The Team was shocked. Robin especially, knowing that Nick must have used a trick that he taught him at Haly's Circus.

"Are we sparring or giving them a show?" Nick smirked.

Canary smirked back. "You tell me, Circus boy." She said.

Nick glared at her. "I knew Ted would tell you about that nickname." He groaned. He then launched at Canary again, delivering punches, jabs and kicks.

Canary blocked Nick's assault, and then they both then started throwing punches, jabs and kick at each other, which they each blocked. They were both moving in fluid movements

The Team watched, amazed at how they both anticipated each other's moves.

"They're both anticipating each other's moves perfectly." Wally said, amazed.

Connor nodded. "Well, they were both trained by the same person." He stated. The others nodded.

Nick and Canary continued their fluid movements against each other.

"This has been fun. But, like they say, all good things must come to an end." Nick stated.

Canary nodded. "Agreed." She said. She then threw a punch at Nick, who blocked it.

Nick smirked. "So glad you agree, and sorry about this." He said, before he threw Canary across the ring, making her land on her back. "Black Canary: Status: Fail" The computer called out.

The Team stared in shock that Canary, the best fighter in the Justice League, was defeated.

Nick went over to Canary, who looked up, and saw Nick grinning down at her. Nick helped her up.

"Well, that was fun. It was nice to finally face someone who could actually give me a challenge." He said with his usual smirk. The Team glared at him, but Nick did not see the glares because he was looking at his cousin, who smiled in agreement.

 "Magic man, are you saying that we're too easy to beat?" Artemis asked, as she glared at her brother, along with the rest of the Team.

"Nick. I would stop now. Before you say something that you can't take back." Phoenix warned mentally.