jack

requested by just_me_nevermind

tw: eating disorder

i was in third class, since my parents' jobs didn't pay very well. i had so much envy for the skinny rich women in first class, it seemed everything was going well for them. although i was on the titanic with my friends, jack and fabrizio, i felt lonely almost.

as i sat drinking the beer on the table, and smoking my cigarette, jack came up to me. he smiled and held out his hand for me to take so we could dance together. i shook my head saying no, making him frown.

"come on, butterfly, you always wanna dance," he knelt down beside me, putting his hand on my knee.

"i just don't feel like it today jack," i almost snapped at him, making him sigh.

"stand up, we're going for a walk," he told me, pulling me by my hand. as i stood up, he started walking, dragging me with him. as the cold air hit me, my dress moved with the wind. jack wrapped his arm around my shoulders, noticing i was shivering where i was freezing. his hand rubbed my shoulder, feeling how much skinnier i'd got.

"are you okay?" jack asked me, noticing how i was so quiet; normally i'd be talking his ears off.

"i'm fine," i looked ahead of me, squinting where i was trying not to cry.

"no you're not, i can tell you're not." he kept pushing further, until i cracked. tears fell down my face rapidly, he pulled me into a tight hug, "y/n, what's happening?"

"i..." i trailed off, but started crying again, "i just...i feel so ugly...and i...i feel so fat..." i kept crying into jack's arms, hearing him sigh in sympathy.

"is that why you've got skinnier?" he asked, rubbing my back soothingly.

"you noticed?" i asked, sort of hopeful that i'd managed to lose weight.

"yeah, of course i did. don't tell me you lost it by eating healthy either, y/n. i haven't seen you eat in a while," jack put his chin on my head, making me sniff softly.

"i have been eati-" i was cut off by jack, his annoyed expression showing.

"don't lie to me, y/n, i wanna help you. and the only way i can do that is if you help yourself, just promise me you'll try, okay?"

"okay, i'll try,"

we started walking back to everyone else, who were dancing, drinking, smoking, and laughing together. jack sat me down and brought me some mashed potatoes, smiling a small smile.

"try it, it's really good," he pushed the plate towards me, handing me a spoon. i took it, then scooped up some potatoes. i looked at it and grimaced, i don't know why jack wanted to help me. i gave in and put the spoon in my mouth, eating the mashed potato slowly. i watched as jack smiled gladly, he locked eyes with me, "i'm proud of you butterfly"