arnie

words: 415

i strolled down the street and saw a red-headed boy and a dirty blonde boy at the supermarket, struggling to keep hold of the flimsy paper bags. so, me being me, a helpful 18 year old, walked over to them.

"hey, um, do you need any help?" i asked the red head, he turned to look at me and smiled.

"uh, yeah, thanks" he told me, i saw at least four more bags behind him.

"hi" the blonde boy said to me, he was wearing a bright smile and laughed lazily.

"hi, i'm y/n, what's your name?"

"i'm arnie, i turn 18 soon!"

"sorry, arnie, leave the girl alone. i'm gilbert" the boy said to me, i smiled and shook his hand.

"oh no it's fine, nice to meet you both" i smiled, arnie seemed to look at me for longer, but i didn't mind, he was just curious.

"so, y/n, you don't sound like you're from here" gilbert tried to start a conversation.

"oh, i'm from new york, you from here or not?" i asked, picking up a bag and putting it in the back of the truck.

"yeah, born and raised, the both of us" he chuckled, i nodded.

"hey lady-" arnie was about to talk but was interrupted by gilbert.

"her name's y/n arnie, she already told you, don't be rude"

"can we be friends y/n?" arnie asked me, jumping up and down.

"of course we can arnie!" i smiled at him, he laughed and hugged me, i hugged back and laughed.

"tag you're it!" he hit me lightly and ran off, i ran after him and caught up to him.

"tag you're it! i gotcha arnie!" i laughed, he ignored me and climbed up a tree, "where are you going?" i chuckled.

"no, you gotta say 'where's arnie!' say it like that!" he told me.

"hmm, where's arnie! i wonder where he is!" i heard his laughter coming from the branch above me, he jumped down in front of me and shouted.

"boo!" he laughed, i pretended to be scared and jumped backwards.

"you scared the crap outta me arnie!" i laughed, he clapped and laughed uncontrollably.

"arnie! we gotta go home, say goodbye to y/n!" gilbert yelled from the truck, arnie's face dropped as he pouted.

"am i ever gonna see you again y/n?" he asked, sniffing.

"of course you will arnie!" i smiled, i pulled him into a hug and patted his back, "i promise you will"