Miss Harpen

TW miscarriage

An hour passes and I'm sitting in the er. Tears rolling down my face and Jimmy holds my hand.

"It's gonna be okay I'm sure everything fine." He smiles a uneasy smile. I know he's trying to keep me positive I know he's trying to help but it's only pissing me off. Nothing's okay somethings wrong I know it.

"Miss Harpen?" The doctor knocks and walks in.

"Yes?" I answer.

"I'm very sorry to tell you this but... I'm afraid to inform you, you've... had a miscarriage." He looks at me. My heart stops. I look at Jimmy he's in shock his eyes begin to fill with tears. I feel the tears rolling down my face as I gasp for air. I can't stop crying.

"I can't.." I gasp again "breathe.." I sob and try to catch my breathe but I can't.

"She's having a panic attack do something!" Jimmy yells. The doctor walks into the hall a few seconds later 3 nurses come in.

I look at Jimmy and soon the room fades.

——————————————————

I wake up in a hospital room. Jimmy karl Chris and Chandler and all around me. I look over at the boys whispering. Jimmys eyes are bloodshot.

"Hello?" I try to speak but it comes out a whisper.

"Lacy oh my god." Jimmy rushes over and holds my hand. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm okay" I sigh. I place my hand on my stomach as a tear rolls down my face. "I'm so sorry." I whisper.

"Why why are you sorry baby you didn't do anything I promise." He smiles a sad smile and holds my hand. "I love you. And this isn't your fault. I shouldn't have put you on a plane and a boat and-"

"It's not your fault..." I wipe a tear from his cheek.

"Lacy...." Karl walks over. "I'm so sorry Lacy." His eyes fill with tears and he hugs me.

Katie comes in holding coffee cups. She looks over and gasps. She basically throws the drink carrier at Chris and runs over.

"Oh my god Lacy I'm so sorry are you okay babe? How are you feeling?" She asks pulling up a chair and holding my hand.

"I-" I bust into tears. Katie stands up and motions me to scoot over. I do. She climbs up on the bed and holds me as I sob into her shirt. Jimmy still holding my hand squeezing. After about 5 minutes of sobbing together Katie stands up and kisses my head.

"I'm always here babes okay always just call me anytime day or night and I'll be there in a blink of an eye." She nods squeezing my hand. The doctor walks in.

"Miss harpen. How are you feeling." He asks.

"Tired, sad, distraught, heart broken, honestly." I reply back. He nods.

"I know. I've very sorry about your loss I'm so sorry you had to go through that." He shakes his head. "My wife.. my first son was..."

"It's okay doctor... I'm sorry for your loss and your wife's." I smile a sad smile.

"If you don't mind doc do you know why we.."

"Yes. It seems like genetic abnormality in the embryo. Embryos with genetic abnormalities can survive to birth but the most common ones usually have Down's syndrome." He speaks. "It's nothing either of you two did. It's just your body wasn't ready for a baby. And I'm so sorry." He shakes his head.

"Thank you doctor." I smile a small smile.

"You're release appears are set for the morning we want to keep you head over night in case the bleeding starts again we believe the amount of blood lost made you faint."

"Okay, thank you." Jimmy says looking at my hand.

"You're all welcome to stay I'll bring in pillows and blankets." He smiles and leaves.

About 30 minutes later everyone's asleep but me. I stare at the ceiling. I've got to call mom.

I pick up my phone and dial in her number.

"Hello honey!" I can hear her smile through the phone.

"Hey mom. I've uh got some news."

"Oh gosh did it happen! Did Jimmy pop the question!?" He starts to get excited.

"No mom I-" I catch a tear rolling. "We lost Jane." It comes out as a whisper.

"Oh honey... " her tone is soft and delicate. "I'm so sorry baby are you okay? What happened?"

"I'm okay they've got me in a room because I had a panic attack and passed out. They said it was genetic abnormality in the embryo." I sigh.

We talk for about 40 more minutes before hang up. I throw my phone on the table beside me and stare at the ceiling again.

"Lacy.." I hear a soft voice. I look over to Jimmy who's eyes are red from crying.

"Yeah?" I ask softly. He stands up and climbs in the bed with me. I place the cover over him.

"I love you." He whispers.

"I love you." I whisper back. He brings to cry again as I hold him. We spend the next hour crying on each other and whispering in soft voices. Eventually he falls asleep leaving me alone again staring out the window thinking of what could've been.