Chapter Three

(Picture of Zack)

                                                                  Chapter Three-Isabella’s POV

As soon as I saw the name come up on the screen, all the blood from my face drained and I became paler than Edward Cullen.

I knew what he wanted but I couldn’t do it. Not again. I've only ever done this once and I promised myself I wouldn't let it happen again. When I was fourteen, I got home from school to find a strange man sat in my living room. He didn’t look like he belonged in the rich part of town but he was here and he was looking at me with a smile that would turn you cold.

My father told me I had business to attend to and made me take the man to by bedroom. Although, almost every night, my own father does this to me, it’s never with strangers- not that that makes me feel any better.

From there I don’t remember much, or at least my brain refuses to remember much. But I do remember not talking for two whole weeks and a sheet of paper being dropped onto the bed beside me after the deed was done with a cash sum of $5000. I didn’t want the money, but I felt I had to take it. But I told myself that I would never go through something like that again. And I would never spend it, I would just have it.

I haven’t spent that money. I haven’t spent any money, but when counting it, I deduct $5000 form the total so I don’t ever touch the money I received from dirty work. I can’t.

I answered the phone and slowly brought it up to my ear. “I want you home now. I have news.” It was short but not sweet, surprisingly there was no malice in his voice but that didn’t mean anything. It wasn’t like the last time something like this happened but who knew?

I left school and got into my car. I drove to pick up Scar while thinking about the “news” my dad had for me. I didn’t want to concern my little sister so when I got to her preschool, I waited until her class was released and she jumped into her car seat. I strapped her in and instead of taking her straight home; I drove to a small cafe called Natalie’s. Of course the owner was called Natalie and she was lovely. We’ve been coming here since me and Zack were kids.

When we got there we walked in and took a booth near the back and I grabbed a menu to look at. Scar was playing with her jean skirt so I ordered for her. We got out usual ice creams and waited for our order to come.

“Hey sweetie, I have something I need to tell you OK?”

“What is it Belle? Do I have to eat the play dough again?”

“What? When did you- never mind. When we get home, I need you to go straight to your room OK? Daddy wants to have a grown up chat with me and there's no need for you to be there.”  She just hummed a “yes” and waited patiently for her ice creams. Before too long, our treats came and we silently enjoyed the cold substance.

Once we had finished we left the cafe and walked to the car. I strapped scar to her seat and got in the driver’s seat, ready for the daunting trip home.

***

When we arrived home I got Scar out of the car and locked the car doors. I slowly made my way to the front door taking quick glances at scar, just to find her mind elsewhere, looking at a close by butterfly.

“Remember what I said Scar. Straight to your room.”

“Yes Belle” I know it seemed like I was being harsh but who knew what he wanted to say to me. Any conversation between me and him was never for four year olds ears.