Useless Sacrifices

Written after the release of Chapter 16

"We can't let him do any harm to the citizens." Sin spoke and the rest nodded.

As the group ran back to Ironside's location, some sort of black magic hit the ground where the said knight is.

"What the hell is that!!" Donnie screamed.

"That magic power, it can't be." Sin breathed. "Why are they here?"

"Who?" Nasiens asked the pink fox.

"I'll explain it all later, right now we need to hurry." Sin replied.

------

"Well, well, well." The figure that crashed in the middle of everything said.

"You gotta change that, you can't keep stealing your dad's thing." The figure next to him added.

"Oh shut up will you."

"Who are you people?" The Duke asked.

"We are here to take the Coffin of Eternal Darkness." The other figure that seems to be floating replied.

As the dust settled, the faces of the figures before the citizens of Sistana became clearer.

Both have long hair, the taller one has brown hair and the smaller one ahs white hair.

"Now, there is no need for any kerfuffle, all you need to do is give us the coffin and we'll be right on our way." The white haired teen smirked.

By this time, the group arrived the scene.

"This Coffin will be the key to saving our city, there is no way we'll be giving it to you lowlives!" One citizen shouted, this earned a laugh out of the brown haired teen.

"I hate it break it to you people but this coffin won't save your city, this coffin will the result to your downfall. That knight over there is planning on using everyone of you as blood sacrifice, isn't that right, Ironside?" The brown haired teen said.

"Sir Ironside, is that true?" The Duke turned over to the red knight.

Ironside clenched his fists.

"That's true, these travelers said the same thing." Anne stepped in.

"Anne!! Stand back, this is not a place for someone such as yourself." The Duke said.

"You two, you're from Liones aren't you?" Ironside spoke at last.

"My my, how rude of me, I didn't even introduced myslef." The white haired teen giggled. "I am Prince Tristan of Liones, and that is my good friend Galehaut, the prince of the Fairies and Giants."

"You don't have to be that specific." Galehaut chimed in.

"Hush, let me speak, anyway, even if you did use everyone as a blood sacrifice it won't be enough to activate the coffin." Tristan said.

"Why would we listen to someone from the vile place of Liones." The Duke said.

"He's telling the truth, everything that they've been saying so far is true." Anne said.

"Gowther showed me this but years ago, Fraudrin used the citizens of Danafor as a blood sacrifice to use the coffin but he failed, the place blew up, dad assembled the sins, got framed, cleared their name, ten commandments, yada yada yada, and we're here." Tristan rambled on.

"You skipped a lot of stuff." Galehaut said. " Anyway, I got the thing, let's go." He held the case containing the artifact and held out his hand for the prince to get.

"Great." Tristan smiled. "What about Ironside?"

"Already took care of it." Galehaut pointed at the round rock formation. "That'll buy us a couple of minutes."

"Great, mission accomplished!" Tristan smiled gleefully.

The Duke then cleared his throat gaining him the attention of the two.

"Is all you said true?" He asked.

"Yes, your daughter seem to have the ability to sense whether a person is lying or hiding something." Galehaut said.

"How did you know about that?" Anne asked.

"Fairies can read hearts my dear." Galehaut smiled.

"I apologize for everything, Anne." The Duke lowered his head.

"This is a heart warming moment for the two of you for sure but we should leave." Tristan excused himself and with that the duo walked out of Sistana.

A few minutes later Ironside sliced himself free from his rock prison and the Duke then demanded him to leave. The coffin being out of reach Ironside yrued to leave but was stopped by Percival demanding for answers.

------

"That could've gone horrible." Tristan sighed.

"But we got what we need." Galehaut replied.

"Hey, what do you think Lancelot is up to?" Tristan opened the topic about their missing friend.

"I dunno." Galehaut shrugged. But I sure hope he's looking at that cloud that looks like a girl."

"Really! where?"

Galehaut pointed at the direction and Tristan laughed. "It does look like a girl."

"They're still here!" The boys heard a voice and looked to see it's the group back in Sistana.

"It's you guys."

"You're going back to Liones, right?" Donnie spoke.

"Yeah." Tristan nodded.

"We need to come with you, we have some business over there." Nasiens said.

"Sure, but are you guys okay being thrown." Tristan said.

"Why?" Anne asked.

"I'm gonna throw you, because Tristan can't fly." Galehaut replied, now as tall as a building.

"Whoa!! He's huge all of the sudden." Donnie reacted.

"Can't fly yet." Tristan corrected. "It's really upsetting that you keep reminding me of that."

"Don't mean to intrude but, Nasiens, I do know someone by the name of Dolores." Galehaut said.

"Really?" Nasiens perked up.

"Yeah, she's my mom and master's old friend, never really met her though." Galehaut replied and held the group using his hand.

"Now." Galehaut aimed at where Liones should be. "You'll be feeling the harsh and sharp wind on your face, but don't worry it's "fun" as Tristan phrased it."

"You're. Ready. For. Take. Off!!!" Galehaut with all his might threw the group and immediately turned back and flew in to join them.

_________________________________________

I am straved for Tristan content and I can't wait for the reveal of Kiane's kid, I can't help myself.

I apologize for any errors, English is not my first language.