Chapter Twenty

John's breath caught as Sherlock winked at him from across the ballroom.

Sherlock in a tuxedo was sex on legs.

As the song ended, Sherlock made his way across to John. He wrapped his long arms around John's waist as a soft, slow piece began to play in the back ground.

"What do you say? A waltz with my husband for the last dance of the evening?" Sherlock murmured, his lips traveling to John's nape.

His heart started thumping. He wanted to reach over and kiss Sherlock under the chandelier, under the lights, in the open where everyone could see that this beautiful man was his.

Still. They had a case to solve.

"Sherlock? Investigating the art thief? Remember, we're supposed to be undercover."

If it was possible, Sherlock hugged John even tighter. "Solved it. He smuggles the pieces out by painting it over with a removable layer of acrylic paint that is then wiped off after it exits the building."

John fought the urge to twist around. They still had business to attend to. "Did you call Lestrade and tell him to come make the arrest?"

"Yes. Everything's taken care of."

He turned in Sherlock's embrace and gently leaned in to capture his mouth.

Sherlock's lips were soft under his. It was far from their first kiss, but every time he kissed the detective, he felt as if a thousand firecrackers were going off around them.

John grabbed Sherlock's hand and intertwined their fingers as they slowly began to sway to the music. He brushed his finger against the top of Sherlock's ring. He could feel the faint engraving on the band.

When they finally decided to get married, John wanted something special for the rings. He knew Sherlock would scowl at anything cliché or overly sentimental.

After endless hours of scouring his blog to search for anything he could put on the rings, he found the perfect combination.

John smiled as he brushed over the simple engraving again.

It was just a date.

A/N: And here we come to the end of their story. Thank you all so much for reading this! I have completed another Johnlock fic, called "The Inevitable: Johnlock fanfiction" please go read it if you are interested in post-season 3 fics. Additionally, please check out my newly posted "I Won't Forget- A Johnlock Fanfiction" for some fluffy teenlock.