Am I Still Dreaming? {7}

-7-

I feel something burning my face and I groan as I open my eyes to have the sunlight blinding me. Rolling over, I realize that this is the softest bed in the word, but I have no recollection of how I got here. I sit up alarmed, my breath coming in short gasps, as I try to recall last night. 

I remember ditching Bonnie and Niklaus and meeting this guy, but the rest of the night was a blur. I look down and realize the lovely dress I wore is gone leaving me in the strapless bra and my panties. I use the bed sheet to cover myself and worry about having to walk around in the nude all day. 

With the bed sheet wrapped around me like a towel, I walk over to the dresser and to my surprise it is overfilled with clothes. The drawer I open is stuffed with shirts. I pick out a rose colored blouse with a collar, and a pair of jeans from the drawer beneath it. The draw below that has undergarments. I nervously (in fear of someone seeing me naked) open my door that leads to the bathroom and place the clothing on the counter. I leave the bed sheet on the cold tile as I find a bath towel in the tiny closet near the shower. I strip the bra and panties off my body and step into the warm shower. 

I have never actually been in a shower this big before. I notice bottles on the side, and I read them. Vanilla scented shampoo and conditioner. Strange words. At the orphanage we were given a bar of soap to wash up, so as embarrassing as it is I really don’t know what is what. 

“Shampoo is for cleaning your hair and conditioner is to make your hair soft,” I hear Niklaus call from the other side of the curtain. 

I squeal, turn off the water, and poke my head out from behind the shower curtain to find a shirtless Niklaus who is laughing at my terrified expression. “What are you doing in here?!” 

“Don’t act so innocent, and this was my bathroom first!” 

“What do you mean don’t act so innocent?” I narrow my eyes at him. 

“I saw you with some guy last night, you two seemed to be pretty friendly,” He explains. 

“Maybe it was because he was actually a gentleman!” I defend, but I can not remember anything from last night. 

He smirks reading my mind, “Did Ambrose discover the wonders of alcohol?” 

“I don’t drink,” I say trying to recall anything from last night. One thing comes to mind, the clear liquid that looked like water, but tasted like heaven.

He sighs, “This is my fault, I should have remembered that you actually need to eat food.” 

I gap at his apology. He is... wait, “What is your fault?” 

“I need to go-”

“Let me take a shower in peace, would you?” I remark. 

“When you’re done meet me in the parlor,” He orders and is gone before I can blink. 

That was so weird. I turn the water back on and lather the shampoo and conditioner in my hair. Then, I use a small cloth to clean my skin. I never realized how dirty I actually was, my skin was more fair than I thought underneath all the dirt that had layered my skin. 

I use a towel to dry my long blonde hair and as I brush through it with my fingers I notice how it feels extremely silky. Out of the corner of my eye I notice a hair brush, I had seen some of the girls at the orphanage that had them, but I never used one... at least while I was at the orphanage. I took the brush and when I was done my hair looked shiny and golden. After dressing myself, I realize that the bed sheet is gone and so are my old undergarments. I decide to hang the towel on the rod that holds the shower curtain before making my way through Niklaus’ room and into the hallway. Then, I realize that I have no idea where I am going.