Am I Still Dreaming? {8}

-8-

I pace down the corridor until I decide to head back to Niklaus’ room, giving up completely on finding the parlor. As I walk in the room, I spot him putting on a blue t-shirt. I think back to before when he was shirtless, and I blush when he turns to look at me. 

I haven’t really ever looked at him room before because the other times I was passing through or being forced to drink the stupid elixir. The walls were painted a navy blue that matched his eyes. There was a large, king-sized bed with black sheets and gray pillows. There was a desk pressed against a wall with a large window next to it, the drawers of the desk were locked and I assumed he was big on privacy - I remember this morning - his own privacy. There was a flat-screen television that was mounted on the wall, and on the same wall there was a pair of double doors that I assumed would lead to a closet similar to Zoe’s. There was another door that led to the bathroom and my room. 

“Shouldn’t you be in the parlor?” He asks. 

“I couldn’t find it,” I shrugged. “I know it may be hard for someone with a thick-skull like you to believe, but I don’t remember this place at all.” 

He sighs, “You don’t remember a lot do you? That drink the guy gave you was a love potion.”

“Do you really expect me to believe that?” I raise my eyebrows. 

“It is only effective when you see him and the more of it you drink, the stronger your connection is,” He says. 

I scoff, “Do you seriously think-” 

“LISTEN FOR TWO SECONDS WOULD YOU!” He growls, his eye suddenly become black as pitch. “You are in danger, we don’t know who gave you the potion and you are at risk. I bet it was the dumb mortal that you were with, he probably asked one of his immortal friends to make it and then decided to try it on you!” 

“Albert is not dumb!” I hiss. I freeze looking at Niklaus. Why do I remember that? 

“I told you that you are bound to him, we have to break it before-” 

“Why does it matter if I love someone else? It’s not like we are in a relationship, I mean I don’t know about you, but we aren’t even friendly!” 

“You don’t know this guy, he is-” 

“A normal person who-” 

“He is a hunter!” The room goes silent. The words sink in and I suddenly remember why the name sounded so familiar, Albert was the one whose parents killed mine and he is also the one who made me drink a juice that made me forget my past. 

Without warning he pushes my hair back and lets out a sigh of relief. I slap him instantly, “What the hell was that?!” 

“Your necklace,” He says staring at the gemstone around my neck. “He didn’t take it.” 

“I really am having a hard time believing that there is such a thing as a love potion and some immortal hunter is trying to kill me. I’m mortal if you haven’t noticed!” 

“As a pure-blood, it will be natural for you to want to become immortal at some point, he is waiting for the right moment. You can’t see him again. We don’t even know how much you drank.” 

“What happens when I drink a certain amount?” 

“Well once you drink a gallon that is it. The only thing left is to... is to have sex and then you are inseparable.” He drags me into the bathroom and grabs a handheld mirror he takes a razor blade to cut open his palm and let it drip on the mirror before the wound miraculously   heals. I stare dumbfounded at his palm wondering how that was possible. He takes this opportunity to use a second blade to cut my wrist. I stare at him in horror watching my blood pour onto the mirror with his blood. He hands me a cloth to press onto the cut and we watch our blood mingle. 

I can only wonder what the point of all of this is. Immortals have too much time on their hands, who sits around and puts their blood on a- I let a terrified shriek as the blood bubbles and suddenly a cloud of smoke appears with a very loud pop. “What the hell!” 

“It’s too late,” He whispers. “You drank the entire potion.” 

“What just happened?” 

“You can’t love anyone else, but Albert now. You can’t touch anyone or else you will get badly burned. Look,” He points to my hand which he touched to cut me. 

I gasp as I look at my hand which is a bright pink, almost like I had some terrible sunburn. I don’t want this! “How do we... break it?” 

“Bonnie knows how to, she has been practicing witchcraft.” 

“What?” 

“She might have a spell to reverse this,” He ignores me. “I’m going to see how soon she can get here. Stay here and don’t touch anything or anyone for that matter.”