My Life Is Not A Lie

Okay, so I haven't been entirely honest here.

This book here, this is my life right now. I'm stuck at home due to a pandemic, my barn is shutting down, and my life is just shit in general. I've been going through patches of depression, where I barely get anything done and never leave my room. I'm fine right now, though, and trying to stay that way. 

My mom says I write to let my feelings out. I guess this is that kind of thing. Maybe it's how I cope with everything.

So... there's no Camberlyn. No Briar, no Jellybean, no Thorn Ridge.

Well, they go by different names.

As you probably already know, my name is Rowan. I'm thirteen, extremely long blonde hair, chocolate-brown eyes. Briar is my darling Rosy. I've known her for four years, and she's more important to me than the world. Jellybean is Buttercup, a small, troublesome pony that I love. I can still see her, though-she lives now at a barn near my city, so I can work there. I already have a job lined up at the camp for the summer. Two other horses from 'Thorn Ridge' are there as well. Thorn Ridge? Victoria Rode Horses. A small, cozy barn where everyone knows everyone and it's very welcoming and friendly and low-key. Almost more like a club than a lesson barn. You don't find many of those. VRH was special, and will always hold a place in my heart.

I will not be revealing the names of the other girls in this story, as that is not for me to tell. If they would like to toss their names in the comments, that's okay. (You don't have to, girls)

I'm working on a novel about Satan's daughter right now, though I've hit a snag as I need to make a map and I keep procrastinating. It's dumb of me.

I read a lot, and my TBR(To Be Read) list just keeps getting longer. I need to put up bookshelves for all my books. (Fun fact: I hate it when there are guys named Rowan in books. It's bullshit, Rowan is a much better name for a girl. So I'll write a book with a girl named Rowan. Problem solved.)

So... yeah. That's my life. Thanks for reading about it, I guess.

-Rowan