The Final Stretch

You spent the morning packing all of your things and spending some time with Papyrus and Sans. You kinda delayed the inevitable , as to be Honest you were scared to face the king.  You had announced you engagement to Sans, leaving Sans a flustered mess. Papyrus declared himself as the best man, and that he was glad I found someone to settle for as he could not return my feelings. The day was filled with shinadigins and fun times, and non of you relized the time until the alarm rang to make diner. After dinner, you put on your backpack and grabbed a suitcase the brothers had given you since there wasn't enough room for all your stuff in your bag. Sans had already teleported to the castle, and was waiting for you there. 

You stood in the doorway with Papyrus staring down at you. He shoved something red into you hands. It was a red scarf, just like his own, though this one was newly made.

"M-ME AND SANS MADE THIS FOR YOU..." He said nervously.

"It's awesome Papy!" You Cheered.

"OF COURSE! SUCH A PERFECT GIFT COULD ONLY BE MADE BY THE GREAT PAPYRUS!" He declared.

"Papy are you crying?" You askedas you noticed him trying to hide his tears.

"NO, OF COURSE NOT! I JUST CAUGHT SOMETHING IN MY EYE IA ALL..." He defended.

" And what's that?" You asked.

"TEARS!" He cried out starting to sob.

He reached down, and picked you up off the ground, bringing you Into a tight hug.

"I'M GOING TO MISS YOU SO MUCH TINY HUMAN! ARE YOU SURE YOUR GOING TO BE OKAY ON THE SURFACE? ARE THERE MEAN PEOPLE? IS IT CILD UP THERE? DO YOU HABE PEOPLE WAITING? MAYBE YOU SHOULD STAY DOWN HERE A LITTLE LONGER TILL WETE SUTE IT'S SAFE? WE CAN EVEN GIVE YOU THE GUEST ROOM, SO YOU WON'T HAVE TO LIVE ON THE SURFACE!" He ranted out.

"Papy stop!" You called out.

He froze in his rant and placed you back down, looking ashamed.

"IM S-SORRY HUMAN I-" he started to apologize.

"No Papy it's okay! I know you worried, but I'll be ok! I promise. And I'm not gonna go away forever... I'll be back." You promised.

"NYEH!" He cried out bringing you into another hug.

You hugged him back strongly. After a few minutes he let you go.  Saying one last farewell, you gathered your things and headed to the River person. On your way to Hotland, you received a call from Alphys.

"Hi Alphy!" You said.

"H-hi! Umm... You're g-going to the c-castel now right?" She asked nervously.

"Yup!" You said.

"L-listen... There's s-something I've been meaning to tell you... A human soul alone is not enough to cross the barrier... Y-you need both a human soul a-and a m-monster soul... T-that means to get to the surface... Y-you'll have to k-kill Asgore and t-take his soul... I-i'm sorry!" She said rushed.

She hang up on you, leaving you feel nothing but dread. You didn't think you'd have to kill someone today...And the king no less... Would you and Aliza even be welcome here if you did such a thing?

You were jarred out of your thoughts, as you reached Hotland. The river person wishes you luck as you stepped off the boat. You took a deep breath, thanked him, and then headed for the elevator. You took the elevator to MTT Resort, and then took the elevator in the Core up to the castle. This last elevator ride took quite a while.