Bonetrousle Nightmares

Here you stood in the fog, face to face with Papyrus. You didn't know why this was happening. Papyrus stood confidently.

"HUMAN! I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT! PREPARE FOR BATTLE, AND TO BE CAPTURED BY THE GREAT PAPYRUS! ONCE I CAPTURE YOU, UNDYNE WILL FINALLY LET ME INTO THE ROYAL GUARD! NYEH, HE, HE!"

Papyrus got into a battle stance, as you felt the familer tug on your chest as your soul came out. Your hair began to turn pink, as you were filled with Fear. Papyrus sent a volley of bones at you, that you narrowly doged. The last bone hit you in the shoulder, causing you to take some damge. HP 25/28. You looked at him with fear, but he was laughing. You heard him say something in a voice that sounded like encouragement, but you mind couldn't focus enough to make out what he said. The attacks kept coming, and you tried you beat to doge them. HP 22/28. You started to tear up. Why?! Why is his doing this?! Why is he hurting me?! HP 19/28. With every attack you hair turned more pink, as you were filled with more and more fear. Why? He's supposed to be my friend so why?! HP 15/28. Why is he betraying me? Was it all a lie..? HP 10/28. You were crying now, you didn't understand. Was he every really your friend? HP 5/28. You didn't want Betty to be right... You tried calling out to him to stop. He didn't... You tried to run away, but you couldn't... HP 2/28. You hair was fully pink now, as Betty's words played in your mind. 

''One day you'll face someone you can't run away from."

A giant field of bones can towards you, and your eyes turned pink. You screamed.

'​​​​​Rabdaphobia!'

The word ran in your head as a flash of pink covered your vision, before everything went black.

Sans P.O.V

I was on my way to the big door in the woods to talk to The Old Lady about the kid. I hoped that she would know more about the kid then I do since she lived with her for a while. I knocked on the door, and took a seat in the snow. I got a reply a few moments later.

"Greetings. Is that you my friend?"

"Yeah, it's me. How have you been doing?"

"Quite alright, but I miss the child very much. How is she?"

I paused not sure how she would react.

"We'll she's healthy, and she getting along well with me and paps. But there was something about her I wanted to ask you about..."

"What did you want to know? Did something happen?"

She was worried.

"You see, Princess has been having alot of nightmares, and she mentioned some people named Betty and Kumu... Do you anything about all this?"

"I was afraid of this... I'm pretty sure I know why she's having these nightmares. Though I know not of this Betty and Kumu she told you of. She's never mentioned them to me."

"That's not much of a suprise considering it didn't sound like she wanted me to know ether. But anyways, what do you think is causing these nightmares?"

I head the lady take a deep breath.

"You're acting like it knocked the breath out of you lady."

She gave a chuckle before continuing.

"The child told me what happened the night they came here. Her and her family had celebrated her 8th birthday earlier that day. She her noises in the night, and when she went to investigate she found a man had killed her mother. Her father died protecting her, and the murder chased her to the entrance of the underground where she fell. During her stay with me she had nightmares about that night, so it is mostly the cause of her current nightmares."

I was shocked. I had no idea the kid had been through so much. 

"Heh... No wonder princess is so terrified of everything... Did she mention anything else? Or anyone?"

"Only her sister, Aliza. The child left the ruins in order to return to her. She's the only family she has left. I wish I could've done more for her."

"Nonsense lady. You did alot for her. You took her in, healed her, fed her. You did all you could, she's got her own path to follow. I wonder if she's forgotten about Aliza though since she has been in Snowdon with me and Paps for awhile now. "

"Maybe your right. If she chooses to stay with you, will you keep looking after her?"

"I'll always be there for Princess."

"That's good to hear. Princess? That nickname suits her. Dose she have a nickname for you?"

"Yeah, it's Teddy. Though I don't get how she would see a boney skeleton like me, as a fluffy Teddy Bear."

The lady and me both chuckled a bit.

"Is there anything else you wanted to know my friend?"

"Yeah do you know anything else about her powers?"

"Nothing I haven't already told you. It's soul magic, and it activates when she's scared. I'm sorry I can't be of more help my friend."

"No you've been a big help actually. Thanks lady, I'll see you around."

"Goodbye my friend."

I left the door,and headed back into the woods. By the time I got back to town it was already getting a bit late. I stopped by Grillbys to grab a burger for me and Princess, and headed back to the house. I teleported onto the sofa, and set the bag down beside me.

"Hey, Paps! Princess! I'm home."

When I didn't hear a reply for ether of them I started getting a bit worried. I checked the kitchen, the bedrooms and the bathroom. Nothing. Maybe the two went out for a walk. I teleported outside the house to look for them, and right at that moment I heard a high pitched scream. I turned towards the direction it came from, and saw a bright pink flash of light in the distance. I recognized the voice, it came from (y/n). Panic to over me I ran and teleported as fast as I could to get to her. If someone hurt her, they were going to pay. I came out into a clearing, to see bones and pink spears everywhere, jutting out of the ground. My eyes scanned the field rapidly trying to find her, when I spotted her have buried in the snow. I ran to her, and took her in my arms turning her face up.

"(Y/n)?! (Y/n)?!"

I brushed the snow off her unconscious face.

"Come on Princess, wake up..."

I had tears in my eyes as I put my head down to her chest. My eyes widened when I heard her heartbeat, and I sighed in relief. It was then that I heard a sad and nervous voice speak up.

"...I-IS SHE ALRIGHT?"

I looked towards the voice to see Papyrus. He had a pink spears going through his shoulder and his armor was extremely battered.

"Paps?! You're hurt! What happened here?"

With my free hand I used my blue magic to the spear out of his shoulder. He looked at me with guilty eyes, and spoke.

"I-I'M SORRY SANS.... THIS IS ALL MY FUALT..."

"What do you mean?"

"I BROUGHT THE HUMAN OUT HERE TO BATTLE... ONCE I CAPTURED HER, UNDYNE WOULD FINALLY LET ME JOIN THE ROYAL GUARD. I DIDN'T MEAN FOR IT TO TURN OUT LIKE THIS..."

"What's wrong with you Papyrus?! You don't attack friends! Do you have any idea what the king will do to her if she captured?!"

I just a big mess of emotions. Angry, sad, worried. I looked at the regret in Paps eyes, and my anger went away.

"I-I'm sorry Paps... You don't even know what would've happened to her, you didn't know... Come on, let's go home and get you both healed up..."

I looked back down to (y/n),and saw something I didn't notice before. I didn't notice that her soul was floating out infront of her. I have never seen anything like it. It was pink, and small. Why is it only a third of the size of a normal human soul? And what trait is represented by pink? I decided to look into it later. I carried her bridal style back to the house, and set her rest in my bed. Paps used his magic to heal himself and the kid.