Childhood

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Valden family was very well known in the town for two things- Being filthy rich and for throwing huge parties usually at the weekends or whenever they felt like it.

The Valdens were always a happy family, but they were even happier when they had their first child born. It was a beautiful baby boy, his big blue eyes stood out the most.

,,Doesn't he look just like his father?'' the mother teased her husband while still being in bed holding her baby boy.

She knew he was a serious and busy man that had no time doing many funny things, let alone laugh at silly jokes that most of them made absolute no sense and weren't welcome in his life.

The only free time he had was at the parties, but even then he only organized them for important or rich people that could do bussiness with him or just make a good impression. 

After all, those mere peasents needed to talk sweet words about the Valdens 

The father's thoughts got interupted by his baby that was now crying from more than a minute.

The mother gave the son to the father. He held him proudly in his arms while asking his fiance with an excited voice,,How would we call him?''. The woman looked straight at her husband and said with tears in her eyes ,,Edgar''. He looked at her with a confusion for a second and then she asked him,,What? Don't you like it?'' the husband turned his attention to his wife and said,,I love it actually. As soon as the name sounds majestic then I approve it, and Edgar isn't bad.

7 years into the future 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Valden had planned another party, but this time the event was about his son's first year at school, the new family member Maple,to praise his son's talent and mainly because of Mr. Sarai who just became Edgar's tutor and Edgar's birthday.

Edgar didn't like the loud parties. At those moments he just wanted to go to his room and draw something on his scetchbook, he had many ideas in his head anyway. 

That night was no exception when he was on his way to his room, but someone stopped him.

Someone grabbed his hand and that was no other than his own father that wanted him to stay.

,,Edgar, this is a very important night. This party is about you, so why don't you stay here for a little longer until your daddy gives his toast, ok? his father said while smiling at him

Edgar looked at him with a look that said no, his father knew Edgar didn't want to stay a second longer, but then he looked at a kid that was talking to his parents. 

,,Hey, sonny. Why don't you play with this kid over there?'' his father asked in hopes to make his son stay. 

With a hesitand look on his face he said,,Ok''

Edgar went towards the kid and asked him,,Do you want to play or do something?''

The kid looked at him and kindly rejected his offer,, I'm sorry, but can't you see I'm a littl...''

,,He actually really wants to play with you, hehe'' his mother interupted his son as soon as she realized whose kid was that

,,But mom...'' he whined 

His mother gave him a death stare and made an eye contact with him. 

Her body language made the most of it, and besides he was a smart kid and knew what was going on. 

The unknown kid went towards Edgar and introduced himself,,Hi, I'm Luca Balsa, It's pleasure to meet you. I assume you are one of the Valden kids...E...Edgar right?'' Edgar shook his head in agreement ,,Yes, I'm Edgar Valden and I am seven years old now'' Edgar said with excitment. 

Luca looked at the other boy and said with a little bit of annoyance,,Oh, that's great, I'm also seve...'' Luca got interupted by the other male who said,,Hey, do you know that my parents are rich and I will also inherit money?'' Luca sighed and said in loud tone ,,Look, listen to me'' Edgar turned his attention to Luca who was getting angrier and angrier with every passing second

,,You're parents are rich? Good for you, mine are also rich. You don't need to tell me, cuz I already know that.'' Edgar started to get sadder. His seven year old mind couldn't believe that someone was now shouting to him.

,,You sure have no manners for someone from an aristocrat family. Where have your manners went to, kiddo, haha?'' before Luca could finish, the heir started to tear up a little

,,With that attetude you belong in prison, so forget about inharetting any money at all,, Luca couldn't stop with the harsh words and at last he said

,,I might consider calling you ,,Edgar the prisoner with no manners'' at school''

Edgar started to tear up really quick and ran to his mother for comfort and support and for the rest of the night he was sad and upset