Chapter 12

**STEPHANIE'S POV**

The moment we walked in I saw something I dreaded. I mentally slapped myself forgetting that this was their favorite place to eat. Sitting at the bar was Alex and Mathew. I began to dread the rest of this choice. 

"Your table is write this way," A small hostess said leading us towards our table. I hoped it would be on the opposite side of the bar but of course it wasn't. We took a seat and our table was a few over from the bar. "You all may order your food seated but if you want real drinks you have to go to the bar," I nodded. "Alright thank you," I said looking through my wallet for my fake ID. "Ok so I'm going to get us drinks because I have my ID. What do you guys want." They gave me their orders and I walked slowly to the bar. 

I ordered the drinks and flashed the man my ID. He nodded and poured the drinks. I attempted to hide my face in my hair. "That voice sounds so familiar," A husky voice called from off to the right. I attempted to ignore it but they noticed my intentions, "You can't ignore me forever, babe," I looked at the two boys smirking at me. "I can try, and don't call me babe Mathew," I spat. He rolled his eyes, "Whatever," He took a swig from his beer. "You here alone? Wanna join us?" Alex asked. I almost gagged on my own spit, "I'd rather scoop out my eyeballs, but thanks for the offer. I'm here with people," I said gesturing over to my table. He scoffed, "Pardon me for trying to be nice," "You can stop now," I said sternly. "Stop what?" Mathew asked. "Being "nice" to me. I don't need you," I stated. "Well you used to need me. A lot actually." Mathew said sarcastically. I just wanted to punch him for his comment, "Well that was before I realized want an arrogant douche bag you are," He chuckled, "Still the same Stephanie," I rolled my eyes. The bartender brought me my order and I began to walk off. "If you ever need to talk I'm here," Mathew stated firmly as I walked away. "You'd be the last person I'd come to I hope you know that." I said turning around to face him. "Oh I knew. I just wanted to here you say it." I couldn't find anything to respond so I just struck him my middle finger and walked away. 

I huffed and sat down at the table. "What is wrong love," Harry said taking his drink. "I think I know," Kathryn said looking down at her menu. I just shook my head, "Let's order, I'm thinking the chef salad." Harry looked a little confused but just brushed it off. We ordered our food and ate just laughing and talking. During our whole meal I felt like Mathew and Alex were watching. I turned around to find that my assumptions were correct. I quickly looked away. Harry leaned towards me whispering in my ear, "Are you alright?" "Yea, just feel a little strange that's all," I said giving him a reassuring smile. He took my hand in his and rested them on the table. After we finished Liam grabbed the bill and payed, "Thanks Li should we go now?" Kathryn said scooting away from the table. "Yes," I said quickly. Harry and Liam looked extremely confused, but I just stood and began walking towards the door. "I'm going to use the restroom, wait outside for me?" Kathryn said. The boys nodded and we walked outside. 

**KATHRYN'S POV**

All throughout lunch Steph was acting so weird and I knew why. The boys had noticed her talking to Mathew and Alex but didn't know who they were. I knew exactly what had gone down. They had pissed each other off like always. I didn't need to ask Steph I knew exactly why she wanted to ge the hell out of there as quickly as possible. I did too, but I had to pee. As I was walking out of the restroom as quickly as possible I was stopped. 

"Kat, think we could talk?" Alex said grabbing my wrist. "Uh, I'm kinda busy right now," I tugged away my wrist. "That's alright maybe we could get drink or something. Just to catch up," He suggested. I pondered his question for a second then nodded, "When and where?" He half smiled, "Joe's at 7:30 for a beer?" I nodded, "Alright see you then,"