Chapter 16

**KATHRYN'S POV**

I sprinted up the driveway and pulled the door open. Where did he go? He had only gone inside a couple seconds before me. I walked downstairs and looked in his room. The door the the porch was opened. I walked slowly out trying to figure out what direction he went. I began walking through the vineyard calling out his name. I didn't think he would respond but it was worth a try. Just to my luck he stayed silent. I let out a frustrated sigh and kept walking. I reached the end of the vineyard that came a cross a small "beach" I guess you could call it. It wasn't much just some sand and the freezing bay. 

I kicked off my shoes and dug my toes into the sand. I looked around and saw a figure moving. It climbed up a rock and sat on the edge. I walked silently over to it. Liam was sitting with his knees up to his chest looking out into the water. Tears staining his eyes. I felt my stomach drop. I climbed up to where he was. I knew he herd me but made not motions to acknowledge that I was there. I sat down next to him and copied his position. 

"You know, this really great guy told me once that if you run from your problems they will catch you no matter how fast you run." I said quietly. He didn't make a noise. "That guy is also the reason these don't come back." I pushed up the bracelets on my wrist exposing my ugly scars. I really never showed anyone or talked about it but Liam had seen and demanded answers. He just looked at me and whisper, "Why," I didn't have to ask 'why what' to know what he was talking about. He saw me come home with Alex and hug him goodbye. "I promise it was nothing Liam. I would never do anything to hurt you." He shook his head,"I know that Kat, but why would you do that to yourself. I don't get it." I was confused, "Do what? Cut? We already went over that.." I said my voice fading out. "No, no, not that," He said and grabbed my wrist kissing it gently and continued, "Lie to me. Go to get a drink with him. After everything he did to you going back and putting yourself in that position again." I shrugged, "I felt like I owed it to him, like it was the right thing to do. And if I told you, you wouldn't let me go" He furrowed his brow, "Owed it to him?! After everything he put you through you felt you 'owed it to him' to have a drink with him and then lie straight to my face! Sometimes I don't get you," He raised his voice a little. 

"Look it's my life ok. I left unfinished business with him. You don't know what it's like to look at a person like him and have to agree to something you don't want to do. You don't get it Liam. I needed to fix things, he was something holding me back and now I feel so much better. I didn't want to lie to you, I never intended for you to get hurt. I just need to do this for myself and I couldn't tell you. And I know that doesn't make it ok to lie, but I'm sorry. Please don't be mad..." Tears were pricking at the corners of my eyes. "Don't cry," He whispered and kissed my hair. I didn't respond, I just shook my head a little. "I'm sorry. I saw the text when you went to the restroom and then you lied. It just hurt you didn't trust me, that's all. And when you guys came home you looked happy with him and I guess I just got uh, jealous.." His voice trailed off. I smiled at the thought of him getting jealous 

"I'm sorry I made you worry I just needed to fix it. I didn't want to end up like Stephanie and Matthew who would probably sacrifice each other to the devil." I said putting my head on his shoulder. He chuckled, "It's fine love. Just no more lies please," I looked at him, "Promise," 

**STEPHANIE'S POV**

"We should go back Kat and Liam are probably wondering where we are," Harry said standing up and reaching for my hand. I grabbed it and jumped off the hammock. I slipped on my shoes and we began to walk back to the house. When we got back the house was empty, "They probably went into the vineyard or something," I said leading Harry into the Kitchen. "Come here," I said standing by the sink. He walked towards me and I grabbed his hands. "This might sting," I began to clean the little cuts that were spread along his knuckles. He winced a little but then his face relaxed. "Thanks love," He kissed my forehead. 

We sat down in the living room and flipped to my favorite channel E! News. It pop culture trash but its entertaining. "Really, this?" Harry said ruffling his hair. I giggled, "Yup," 

The show began and Guiliana Rancic came on the screen. I've always thought she was beautiful. She began talking about a Justin Bieber scandal nothing that really interested me. I was about to flip the channel when a familiar face popped up. Harry groaned, "I wonder what bullshit they will say this time," I giggles. Guiliana began her report, "One Direction's Harry Styles and Liam Payne have been spotted in the US with two lovely ladies." I took a double take as pictures of the four of us appeared on the screen. "New ladies for the super stars? They have been seen spending time together in a small town in New York. This good boys sure do like to get into trouble though." As soon as she said that a picture of Harry, Alex, and Matthew surfaced. They were all standing and Harry and Matthew looked enraged. I turned off the tv before she could continue. 

"What happened?!" I said/screamed. He took a deep breath in. "Calm down," He said in a hushed voice. I nodded and slouched into the couch, "Explain this please." 

"Well, after you ran off I got pissed. Really pissed. He kept calling you these names and it bugged me." He said shyly. "So you got into a fight with him?" I said flatly. "Yeah, it wasn't bad though. Just a few punches and shoves." He tried to make it seem ok. "That doesn't make it ok Harry." I said facing him. "I know, I know, but I just couldn't let him talk about you like that." I sighed, "Did you get hurt?" He shook his head, "No just my hands." 

''Please just don't fight again....please," I said in a small voice. He nodded and pressed his lips against mine.