Meeting

One week later

"I associate this place... Is it...not...why am I here again? Here again!" said Bolt slowly rising from the dark as night ground. He could see nothing but the outline of his front paws, which looked as if they were black in the faint, pale light.

"Why am I here? What purpose does this have?

I am in my head... But why is it leading me to such a place?" wondered Bolt, not knowing why he was in this dark void again. The last time it happened to him was over a week ago. Now it was the second time he found himself here. Having nothing to do, the dog walked uncertainly, before each cautious step he tried with his left paw if the surface in front of him, which he was going to step on, was stable and there was no hole in front of him into which he could fall. He strolled along like this until he decided that it would be in vain to look for a way out of his head.

"I'll just wait," stated Bolt laying down and closing his eyes. He tried to fall asleep, but the deafening silence that reigned around him prevented him from doing so. The lack of sound distracted his mind effectively. Soon, however, a quiet sound could be heard from the distance. Bolt didn't pay much attention to it at first, he figured he was starting to think he heard a voice. That changed when he recognised the quiet female voice that was being spread by the loud echo.

"Bolt!" cried the sound in the distance, which caused the dog to immediately stand up straight beginning to look around.

"Penny?" asked Bolt looking for the source of the sound.

"Bolt!"

"Penny, don't move, I'll find you!" shouted Bolt running in all four directions looking for anyone, but he could see nothing but darkness.

"Just so there's..."

Suddenly, a trickle of light appeared in the distance.

"Lightning!" in the radiant light stood a young girl of medium height with short hair, it was Penny.

"Penny, don't run away, I'm coming to you!" shouted Lightning, then started running towards his owner. He ran as fast as he could, extending his front paws as far as possible to gain as much momentum as possible. He immediately began to take deep breaths and stuck out his tongue to take in more air. Although he was running towards her, the girl was at the same distance from the dog, even a little further away.

"Thunderbolt!"

"Penny, I'm running, I'm already running!"

Despite Bolt's words, the Girl started to move further away, until finally she disappeared again into the night darkness disappearing.

"Penny..." Lightning sighed. He no longer had the strength to run further, he slowly stopped falling to his paws from exhaustion.

"You can't" another female voice rang out from behind Bolt.

"Why?"

"You can't..."

"Brrrr!" opened Bolt's eyes wide lifting himself off the floor. He quickly surveyed the area he was in catching everything he saw. He was lying on the floor under his lady's bed with his friends. It was a dark night, the moon was hidden behind thick clouds. Everyone was asleep except him. A storm was raging outside the window. Furious raindrops were attacking the glass hitting the window and falling down, further there were audible thunderclaps every few seconds.

"That strange dream again..." sighed Lightning with relief. He didn't hide the fact that he was glad it was just a dream. On the other hand, the question remained, why was he dreaming something similar again?