The Boss

The sound of the quinjet is the last thing Steve has heard as he budges apropos to their Avengers Base here in New York. His hair greasy and his body smelled awfully tainted with blood and gun powder. He also got scars all over his body but he knew he can endure all of them.

       As he walked all-throughout the hallway he heard Banner and Thor yelling on top of each other's lungs and Tony was there to silence them all up. He smirked to himself since it's a nice way to come back from a failed mission and know that he is still alive then.

"Oh well, Cap!" Sam greeted as he walked pass through him. They stopped and chatted for awhile, stalling.

       Yes, he is stalling for he saw the red-headed girl glaring at him from not so far, talking to her best friend Maria.

"How's it going so far?" he asked to Sam who gave him a quizzical look.

        The Falcon's wrinkled forehead even creased as he didn't understand the asked reference. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you and Maria." he tried to wryly smile as he sensed that the girls are slowly coming through their way.

"There's nothing going on, what do you mean?" Sam replied sarcastically and he even blabbered more but Steve is just way too absorbed with the distance he only has with Natasha.

        His chest rose up and down as he saw the spy activating her widow bites and playing the butterfly knife in her left hand. As Maria and Natasha stopped few meters away from them. He looked at Sam, who's now fondly talking to Maria, while he looked at Natasha, who gave him a rather skeptical look.

         Natasha smiled tauntingly. "Hi Captain." she said but before he could even formulate a reply, she cut him off. Her left hand raised as the knife pointed on to his chest. "You better start running now . . ." and before she could finish her threats, he started running back to the field.

"Because I'm gonna fucking kill you, Rogers!" her voice is loud and clear that Sam and those inside the facility heard her.

"Wow. You heard that right?" Sam asked Hill and she laughed satirically. "No one messes up the promises told for Natasha Romanoff." Maria replied.

         While the Soldier and the Spy are enjoying the commotion of themselves yanking and battling . . . the other one tries to kill as the other one tries to defend himself . . . the other Avengers cheered and even played a bet on who's going to win. The sound of the clanking of the vibranium shield and electric bolts coming from the Widow's tasers can explain alone upon how intense the fight is.

"Natasha!" Steve called her but she just kicked him on the gut instead. "Ouch! Damn it! I could explain."

"Language, Rogers." she smirked.

          He threw the shield at her, to make her stop talking, but she instantly caught it with her hand. "Now talk." she gave him the opportunity to explain himself while he stood straight afar from her. She holds the shield tightly.

"It's not what you think it is. Yeah we failed a mission but look, hey, I'm alive!" he proudly said, which even irritated Natasha.

         Her eyes slimmed against him. "I told you to be careful, didn't I?" her voice glinted annoyance. "And I even said that you'll need me, yet you're so stubborn Rogers!" she screamed and forcefully threw the shield, which he caught immediately, defending himself from another bolt coming from the widow bite.

           They once again kicked and jabbed each other, not until she used her infamous killing strategy. She knocked his knee and tumbled him down as his head rested on her stomach. His arms were locked up in hers.