26

_________________________________________

You placed the rag on the stack, they were filled with grains for emergency reasons. You were in Ehrmich district, and after this arena, the titan invaded area would start.

The place was full of refugees from the outer districts of wall rose escorted here for safety, leaving their homes, and some leaving their family and friends whom they lost in the titan attack.

The sight was overwhelming. After every tragedy, people have to give up their belongings and beloved and move on in hopes of better days. But in the list of lost things, some also lose their faith in life.

You and the others shifted the grains to this place, so people who escorted here can be fed since they had no home nor food. You walked towards the gate and leaned against the frame, looking at the sea of people moving to assigned places by the Corps.

"What the fuck!?" You cursed when you felt someone pulling you back, by your shirt's collar. You stumbled on your feets, can't keep up with walking backwards. You panicked unable to look who the person was. And with one strong pull, they jerked you back, making you sit on a chair, almost making you fall.

Your eyes widened looking at the person.

Same expressionless beautiful face, with his captivating grey eyes, looking down at you with piercing gaze.

"Why are you so obsessed with my collar!?" you whined at him.

Instead of giving you an answer, he placed his hands on either side of chair's hand and leaned down at your eye level, trapping you between his arms. You abruptly moved back, your breathe caught up in your throat.

Fuck!
Your heart was beating so fast, if it was to participate in a race then it would have been the winner, no doubt.

"Listen carefully.." he stated, looking at you intensely. You were trying your best to keep up the poker face and don't fumble with the closeness.

"Hange might have told you already that I won't be able to go and fight there.." you nodded at his words and shifted back furthermore as your back touched the rail of the chair.

"and that you would lead the squad in my absence.." you gulped and nodded again, unable to form words.

"keep them all under supervision, make sure to not take unnecessary reckless actions and most importantly Eren, keep him out of trouble." He said in low voice, his eyes reading your face thoroughly. Your nostrils were filled with his masculine musky scent as he was way too close to you.

"And if you can.., make sure most of them come back alive."

"specially you." you blinked your eyes at him, in suprise.

"I know you well, you act up and jump into any situation to save another person. Throwing away your life, just like that." your eyes wavered under the intensity of his grey orbs.

"Don't. Do. That." He tapped your forehead at each word, by his index finger.

"That's an order."You nodded at him.

He was right, if you can't even protect your own self, how can you protect your whole squad? He knew that.
You had done it multiple times, jumping in between an unpredictable situation to protect your comrades.

You knew you were reckless but you can't help it, your comrades were like your another family. You knew, two outcome could arise, either you could save them or you could lose your own life along with them. But you wanted to risk it.

You knew it was wrong but you can't help it and Levi knew that. You need to work on yourself with that. Because by doing that either you come out as smart or stupid, it always depends on the situation. You need to rationally make a choice, every time.