Day five: Scar worship

Hufflepuff!Harry

Vampire!Draco

!!Mentions of Abuse!!

Harry’s pov

    I was running away, I don’t know where I am going. All I knew was I had to get away from here. Why was I running? I forgot to cast my glamour and all of Hogwarts saw my scars. Everyone saw them. The marks that only grew as I lived with the dursleys over the years. Tears started coming from my eyes as I ran into the forbidden forest knowing it was the only place they won’t find me. I know I am probably being over dramatic but I really didn’t want anyone to know. But there was nothing I could do now. 

    I went to the clearing that I found a few years ago. It was pretty far from Hogwarts but honestly I don’t care. I took a seat near the tiny pond and started sobbing. Why me out of all people? I just wish I was normal. I was too busy crying to notice a person coming up from behind.

“Are you ok.”

    There behind me was Draco Malfoy. I didn’t really know the guy, I mean we are in the same year but we don’t really talk. I wanted to but Hufflepuffs and slytherins don’t have many classes together so I never really got many chances too. 

    I quickly started to wipe my eyes, wanting to tell him I was ok but I only started to cry harder. I shook my head no, knowing there was no way he would believe me if I said yes. I was soon engulfed into a hug. It felt nice. I felt safe and it was warm. He pulled back from the hug and took a seat beside me.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

    I thought about it for a moment before quietly saying

“Promise you won’t judge me?”

    Draco nods his head. I took a deep breath trying to figure out how to word it.

“My family abuses me.”

Draco’s Pov

    Not many people know this but the Malfoy bloodline has a bit of creature blood in it. Of course we kept it a secret, noting wanting anyone to find out. So on the weekend of my sixteenth birthday when I came into my inheritance it was no surprise I was a vampire. Soon after I started to look for my mate, needing their blood to survive. 

    I didn’t find my mate until coming back to Hogwarts, after a cute little hufflepuff with messy hair and vivid green eyes ran into me. I didn’t tell him right away not wanting to scare him away. 

    So when I felt my mate in distress and then saw them storming into the forest I ran after him. He didn’t seem to notice me, until I spoke up. 

“Are you ok?”

    I already knew his answer but I asked anyway. When I saw him shake his head I hugged him. I felt him calm down in my embrace. 

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“Promise you won’t judge me?”

    I nod my head. I would never judge you I thought in my head unless you pour the milk before the cereal (I actually do this myself, and I get so many weird looks from my family, I don’t want the cereal to get soggy or have to much milk D:<) then I might give you a weird look.

“My family abuses me.”

    I stared in shock and then felt angry. How could someone do that? It doesn’t matter that it was my mate, well actually it does, but you shouldn’t do it regardless, it only makes it worse that it was my mate. Honestly it disgusts me that grown adults beat up children that they are supposed to protect. I growled in anger and saw Harry flinch and backup slowly. I tried to calm down, not wanting to scare my mate. 

“How bad was it?”

    He didn’t say anything, he just lifted up his shirt. I stare in horror at all the scars that litter his chest, shoulders, back and arms. He starts to cry harder.

“You think I am a freak, don’t you?”

    I hugged again. 

“I don’t think you're a freak.”

    I pointed to a particularly large scar. 

“How did you get this one?”

“I broke a dish by accident. My uncle cut me with the broken glass to teach me a lesson.”

    Then I kissed it lightly. I pointed to a large burn on his shoulder.

“What about this?”

“I burnt some eggs so my uncle burnt me with the pan.”

    I then kissed that one as well. I continued to do that. Asking how he got his scars and then kissing them. 

“You know you are so beautiful.”

“You don’t think my scars make me look weak?”

“I think the opposite. They show how strong you are.”

    We sat there for a bit. Then he looked at me. 

“Can you kiss me? Like on the lips?”

    I slowly leaned in and kissed him. I pull back after a bit. 

“Like that?”

    He nodded then he said. 

“Can you do it again?”

Word count: 846

Ok so I know it might be weird to kiss someone’s scars like that when you never even talked but I realized that after I started writing it then I just went with it. I started getting a little lazy at the end. I don’t know if y'all can tell. Anyway the next one should be out tomorrow. 

Stay weird