Halloween Oneshot #1

Draco sat there, by the door waiting for the next trick or treaters. Today was Halloween, in other words Draco's least favorite day of the year. Why, you might ask. Well Halloween was the day he lost his best friend soon to be more.

It was like any other halloween. Harry and Draco were both 13. Their parents told them that they were too old for trick or treating, but they refused to stay home. Halloween was their favorite holiday after all, who wouldn't want to dress up in cool costumes and get free candy. So they went regardless of what their parents told them. That was their first mistake.

They were having a really good time. Bags almost full and stomachs just as full, they decided they were going to a few more houses before returning home. That was their second mistake.

Before they went to the last house on the block Draco pulled Harry aside near a tree bordering the large forest surrounding the whole town. That was their third mistake.

Draco was about to tell Harry how he felt about him when something grabbed both of their arms. They were about to scream when a hand was wrapped around their mouths. They turned around to see two grown men dressed as clowns, blood dripping from their mouths. There was a crazy glint in their eyes. They struggled to get free to no avail. Draco kneed the man holding where the sun doesn't sign. The man's grip loosened just enough for him to be able to escape.

"Harry! "

"Leave!"

"I am not leaving without you!"

"Please just leave, I don't want you to get hurt!"

"I don't want to leave you!"

"I will be fine, just go!"

Draco tried to fight back tears as he ran away from there hoping to find help, any sort of help. That was their fourth mistake.

He ran to the streets just yelling for help, hoping someone would hear him. He eventually made it back home.

"Mom! Dad! Please help. Harry needs help. Please."

Draco said crying he ran to find his parents. He checked the whole house and they weren't home. Draco cried harder, feeling completely helpless. He ran to the potter house, knocking very loudly on their door.

"Please help me. I can't find my Parents, and they got Harry!"

He continued to knock harder and scream but nobody answered. Finally he gave up and ran to Harry's godfather's house. He banged on his door.

"Please help! They have Harry! And I can't find anyone, you're my last hope!"

The door opened and Siruis stepped out.

"Who's got Harry? What happened?"

"I will explain on the way. We need to help him."

Draco runs to the forest, Sirius following him. Draco explaining on the way. When they finally got there they were greeted with a bloody left hand and some scattered candy. Draco has never felt any sort of pain like this pain. He dropped to his knees crying harder than he has ever in his life.

"Maybe he isn't gone."

'Draco said trying to believe this isn't real.

"Maybe this is just some prank."

Sirius stood there unmoving. There was no doubt that it was Harry's hand. Draco looked towards Sirius to see his blank face, and he knew this wasn't fake. He lost Harry.

"Maybe the rest of him is ok."

Sirius nodded slightly before pulling out his phone.

"What are you doing?"

"I am calling the police. At first I thought you were pulling my leg, but this isn't some joke is it?"

"We need to find him!"

"I need to keep you safe!"

"But what about Harry?"

"We are going to find Harry. He is going to be fine."

There was disbelief in his voice and even he knew he was lying. But Draco stayed there nonetheless. He stood there quietly as Siruis talked to the police over the phone.

"Ok they are on their way. When they get here I am going to call your parents and take you home."

"But I want to help find Harry! It's my fault he is gone. I shouldn't have left him."

"Draco, you have helped. You told me. We are going to find Harry. We need to make sure you're safe."

They found Harry dead in a creek. He was missing a hand and had scratches all over his face, and his eye stabbed out. Draco was not allowed to look at the body or attend the funeral. His parents not wanting their son to gain anymore trauma knowing what was down to his best friend. Draco blamed himself for Harry's death. He wasn't able to look the Potter's in the eye ever again. They tried to assure him that it wasn't his fault, but that never helped ease his guilt.

It had started to get late and he realised he was probably the only house giving out candy anymore. He was going to give a few more minutes before he turned his porch light off. A knock was soon heard from the door. Standing up and grabbing candy he opened the door.

"Trick or treat."

Draco's eyes widened as he heard the voice. He looked up to see a kid who looked just like Harry, wearing the same pirate costume Harry did all those years ago. There was a hook on his left hand and an eye patch on his right eye, several scratches all over his face.

"My friend and I planned on going to the last house on the block together, but I don't know what happened to him. Can you please give me a little extra candy for him? I promise it isn't a lie."

He said as he held up his pinky. Draco felt tears in his eyes as he just nodded and gave him the candy.

"Thank you sir."

Draco turned the porch light off as he picked up his phone and called his parents.

"Hi mom? What did Harry's body look like when they found him?"

Word count: 1006

I am going to be honest I thought this was going to be really short. I know it isn't very sad or spooky. I am kinda sad about the second part. Hope y'all like it. Happy Halloween. 

Stay weird.