Fifteen

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"Your knife, my back

"Your knife, my back. My gun, your head."

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

    My phone rang as I flipped the page of my book. I grabbed it from my nightstand, quickly reading the caller ID. It was Caroline. I bit my lip nervously, the two of us hadn't had a real conversation since I'd healed her.

I debated for only a moment before I clicked answer, "What's up, Care?"

Caroline sobbed in what sounded like relief, "Lili, I need you to come to the hospital." she cried, "Please."

"I'm on my way."

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

I rushed to the hospital as fast as I could, quickly navigating my way to the room under Forbes that I'd compelled a nurse to give me.

I grabbed hold of the cool metal door handle, opening the door to reveal Caroline and her Dad sitting there. She'd given me a brief explanation of what had happened, that her dad had died with vampire blood in his system and was refusing to feed.

Elena, Caroline, and Bill Forbes sat in the room. Caroline's cheeks were stained with tears and a regretful and mourning look was plastered onto Bill's face.

Caroline stood up when I entered, "Lili, thank god." she said, coming over and embracing me in a big hug.

I spared her a small smile as I pulled away, "Tell me what happened."

She nodded sadly, looking back at her dad before we stepped out of the room and into the hall. I looked around, searching to see if anyone was around. When I found that no one was there, Caroline finally explained.

Bill had been attacked by Tyler after he'd turned and Doctor Meredith had given him vampire blood to heal him. She and Elena had found her dad in the storage room with a knife in her chest the next day. And he's been refusing to feed ever since.

Caroline had started sobbing as she spoke, her voice filled with anger and sadness for her father. I pulled her into one last hug before we entered the room again.

"Mr. Forbes, did you see your attacker?" Elena asked.

"I didn't see anything. I tried to sneak out the back exit, and someone came up from behind me." Mr. Forbes began pacing around the room as his breath become ragged. "Now get me out of this hospital I smell blood everywhere." he didn't wait for us to respond as he left the room.

Caroline's face dropped as she realized that her father wouldn't feed. That he was going to die and there was nothing she could do to stop it.

My heart dropped for my friend and I once again enveloped her in a large hug as small sobs escaped from her once more.