07

There's no way Jin would let her live in peace

Not even when it's Winter break. When everyone was supposed to stay with their own families for Christmas.

Kim Seok Jin... He was born to be an attention seeker for a reason.

"What are you doing here?" Byulyi's face was monotonous, yet her eyes were sharp.

Unbothered, Jin lifted a small box of cake, drawing back his lips so as to show his perfect teeth. "I heard tomorrow's your birthday, so..."

"Thanks, but I don't need it." Byulyi sent him an oh-so fake smile, abruptly shutting the door close. Only then she heard a yelp that came exactly out of his mouth.

Upon turning around to see what happened exactly, her eyes widened, seeing how the door didn't close. Jin was on the view, showing an unpalatable look on his face. His right hand tried to massage the other, careful not to drop the box.

Yes, he just made such a foolish decision to use his hand to stop the door from locking. He might have taken the short bus to school, at least what he did successfully got her attention. And honestly, it didn't really hurt that much as his jacket was thick enough to protect him at least.

"Are you crazy?!"

"Only for you- ouch!" He looked at her frowning as he received an end to his statement by meeting her fist. That only added pain to his arm, which didn't help at all.

Moon Byul Yi. She really knows how to speak three languages. Korean, English, and Fist.

What a great way to shut his mouth up.

Slowly and reluctantly, Byulyi reached for the box he was holding, sending one last death glare at him before heading to the kitchen. Jin, who ignored the pain in his arm, followed.

"You alone?" He looked around. It's much cleaner than it was the last time he came.

"Hm." Byulyi only hummed as she reached for a plate, placing it next to the box on the table. Seokjin's lips curved upwards, thinking she probably liked the small gift he bought.

To his dismay, Byulyi only took a detour to the living room, plopping down the sofa, and completely ignored his presence by playing with her nails. He honestly thought she'll eat the cake, turns out she just left it to where it was placed- untouched. Maybe for him to eat... Alone.

Hiding the fact that he was kinda disappointed, he chose to beam a smile instead as he makes his way to her.

She looks like a little girl in her pajamas, isn't dolled-up as she usually does. Seems like she only woke up a few minutes ago, despite that it's almost noon.

The girl doesn't even bother letting anyone see her bare face!

Jin took his jacket off, then reclined next to her, his arms at the back of his head and legs crossed. It's so much more comfortable in her place than outside where cold air makes him not want to move. "Actually..." He started. "I'm thinking of something I can do to make you pay for what you did."