five: deciding

| sam's pov |

"We'll see." I mumbled, he walked over to me and hugged me. He hugged me so tight I thought all my broken pieces went back together. I missed Michael, God did I miss him. But I can't just fall back into his arms and become that pathetic Sam I was. No I'm badass Sam. Sam who gets in trouble and doesn't care what people say. I hug him back.

We stood like that for at least five minutes, just hugging each other.

"I missed you so much Sam."

I missed you too Michael, you have no idea.

~

I walked into school as if nothing happened yesterday. It was just a regular day, and Michael was just like any other guy friend of mine. Today was Friday and I couldn't wait for the day to be over. I approached my locker and saw Justin next to it, waiting for me to arrive.

Justin and I kind of had a thing, ever since his last party, where we kissed, we kind of like each other. I walked over and gave him a peck on the lips before I turned to my locker. But not before he grabbed me, and put himself below me, leaning on my locker. He kissed my lips, hungrily, I shoved my hands into his hair. After a couple of minutes I stopped because I was out of breath.

"So I'm having a party tonight, and your invited so invite whoever you want. And I better see you there babe." He winked and smacked my ass before walking away. I smirked and put my books in my locker.

"What the hell was that?" Someone said firmly next to me, I looked up from my locker to see a pissed off looking Michael next to me. I chuckled to see him like that.

"What was what?"

"Don't play stupid Sam, I saw you guys making out and then him smack your butt! Who the hell is that guy?"

"Why does it matter?"

"Because we're friends Sam! I'm obviously going to care about you!"

"Well you can forget about that Michael. I can take care of myself."

"Ugh, why do you have to be so damn stubborn! Seriously no you can't."

"Don't talk to me like that you're not my fucking dad." I barked, his face turned to a frown.

"Sam please, I'm trying to help you. Your my best friend-"

"I was. I dunno anymore Mike."

"But-what about yesterday? Did anything I said mattered to you?"

"Yes it did, of course it did. But I-I dunno if I can ever be friends with you the same way Michael. I had feelings for you. I really liked you, and you kissed me, and made me think that you felt the same way, and then you go and leave? I was completely heartbroken and I recovered a horrible way and I shouldn't have the way I am, but I did. I'm still trying to pick up the pieces okay? I just need time. Time
to think about all of this."

"You know I'll be waiting Sam."

"You won't leave this time?" I chuckled lightly, trying to ease the mood

"No I promise."

"Okay. Well see you later." I said as I began walking away. I turned around.

"Hey Mikey?" I shouted, he turned around looking at me.

"That kid that made out with me is throwing a party and he told me to invite someone. You can come if you want it's gonna be cool."

"Yeah I'd like that."

I smiled and walked away. He had no idea what he was getting into.