Chapter Four

Chapter four

     I stand in a room full of emotionless people. At first they just stare at me, then the start to approach me. I back into a wall and they start to yell and scream at me.

  "Failure!" Someone yells.

  "Useless." Another yells.

  "What's wrong with you?" Another.

  "Idiot!"

  "Dumbass!"  

  They keep going for what seems like forever. They are all crowded around me which makes it worse because of my claustrophobia. Then more loud noises fill the air. Pots and pans banging together, car horns, popping balloons, and much more unidentifiable loud noises. "Go away!" I scream.

  "Why can't you do anything right?" Someone screams in my ear.

  "I'm sorry!" I shout.

  "You're such a loser!" Another one yells.

  I sink to the ground and pull my knees to my face. Tears start to roll down my cheeks and I close my eyes tightly. "Adric!" I scream. "Brian!"

  "Brian doesn't really love you. He's using you." Someone whispers in my ear.

  "You're lying!" I push away the thought.

  Brian! Help me, please. I call out to Brian.

  Adric, help me. When Brian doesn't answer I reach to Adric.

  Scarlet? This time it's Lucifer.

  Lucifer, help me, please.

  Why should I help you?

  Please, I'm scared.

  And you think I'm not?

  Lucifer! Please just help me.

  So Beverly is your sister?

  Yeah, how did you know that, and what does this have to do with- He cuts me off.

  I ran into her a while ago, she was looking for you and Brian. He's you're boyfriend right?

  Yeah.

  I saw him too; he was worried about you.

  What did he say?

  He just said that he was looking for you and he wanted to know if I had seen you.

  Oh.

  Now open you're eyes.

  But they're going to still be there.

  Can you hear them?

  I listen for some noise but I hear nothing. No.

  Well how do you know if they're still there.

  I open my eyes and I'm in the darkness. Adric is peering over me, probably waiting for me to wake up. How did you do that?

  I made you stop thinking about what was around you, and I made you calm.

  Thank you.

  You owe me. Then he was gone.

  "Are you okay?" Adric helps me up.

  "Yeah." The first thing I do is look at my hands for the purple light, but sadly it's gone.

  "What was it this time."