The Conversation

Shiroi swallowed thickly as his Father's voice seemed to shake the small room.

"SHIROI??? ARE YOU AWAKE YET?"

He walked over to the balcony of the dollhouse, his only taste of freedom, walking out onto it.
'I'm awake, Dad...'

His father was an intimidating man, piercing blue eyes boring into his son's insecurities.
His skin was naturally light, but any hint of white was covered in a heavy tan.
Several large scars could be seen on his face and neck, his spiked black hair almost drawing the eye to the ones on his face.
He claims they're scars from fights, but in all reality, the scars are from going too hard on himself with his own quirk.
Growing glass scales is dangerous.

Shiroi shook, but stood his ground, clutching his bag to his side.
"D-Dad?.... I n-need you to d-drive me to U-UA."

Skyscraper fell silent, glaring at his miniscule offspring.
"... You applied.... To UA."

Shiroi nodded, staring at his feet.
"Y-yes, and they a-accepted me, so if you c-could drive me down t-there..."

"HOW COULD YOU?!?"
His father yelled, slamming his fists on the table Shiroi's doll house sat on.

The house was already near the edge of the table. This final blow sent it tumble off the table, crashing to the ground.
Shiroi flew back into the house as it fell, his belongings and furniture flying everywhere.
His bed frame hit him in the gut, knocking the air out of him, pinning him to the wall as the house hit the floor.
He opened his eyes, his vision fading in and out.
His hearing was filled with buzzing and the sounds of his father prying open the plastic prison.
A large, callused hand threw the bed frame to the side, roughly picking him  up.

"Look at you. How are you, a pathetic FREAK supposed to be a hero???"

These words lingered in Shiroi's mind as the darkness took him.
******
Shiroi came to, slowly lifting his head.
"H-huh- wha-"
The mumbled sounds drawled out from his lips as his blurred, spinning vision started to focus.
He was in the back of his parents limo, just... sprawled out on the leather.
Almost like his Father just...threw him in there.
The driver abruptly stopped. "We have arrived."
Shiroi looked around, noting how huge the interior of the car was.

The driver opened the door, yawning.
"Well, come on. Your mother needs the limo in an hour."
They weren't really rich. In fact, a lot of their money went into this limo, driver, and nice clothes.
They were all about appearance.
No wonder they hid him away.
Shiroi used his speed quirk, launching himself out of the car.
He tumbled onto the sidewalk, coughing viscously.
Tears started to form as the coughing fit continued as the limo drove away.
He looked up, the coughing starting to calm.
The intimidating silhouette of UA towered over him as the sun rose behind it. A new dawn.
Another car pulled up to the curb behind him, snapping him back.
His body was screaming, the full extent of his bruising starting to show.
A loud, cheerful voice started to yell out, a pair of shoes thudding past him.

"BAKUGOOOOO!!!"
The red spiky haired boy tackled a blond, resulting in...

Shiroi leaned back, eyes wide as an explosion erupted, sending the red head flying.
The blond now stood alone, rage burning in his eyes as he seemed to hold contained explosions.
" KIRISHIMA YOU IDIOT!!! DON'T YOU DARE DO THAT EVER AGAIN, GOT IT???"

Surprisingly, the redhead (Kirishima, was it?) walked back up to the blond, unharmed.
He sighed, smiling.
"You're lucky I keyed off hardening before you blew me to bits... But you knew I would do that, didn't you?"

"OF COURSE I DID YOU IDIOOOOOTTTTT!!!"
The front of the school erupted in more explosions.

Another, firm but annoyed voice started to yell.
"Bakugo! As class representative of class 1-A, it's my duty to inform you this kind of behavior is unacceptable! Especially considering the property damage you've managed to inflict so quickly!"
A taller, dark-haired man sped in, using exaggerated gestures to point out the scorched ground as he adjusted his glasses, ranting all the while.

" Iida, you know he's never going to listen to you.... "
A girl sighed, waving as she walked up.

Iida smiled, mood completely changed in a moment.
"Ururaka! It's nice to see you again!"

Ururaka smiled, nodding happily. She seemed to be a bubbly girl.
"You too, Iida! Kirishima! Bakugo! It's so nice to be back at UA!

They talked for a few minutes, Shiroi debating if he should try to introduce himself.
He didn't exactly look normal.
Lots of people looked like animals, or had wings, or horns, tails, all manner of things.
But he couldn't help but feel like a freak.

Another calmer voice joined, the sound of several people walking down the sidewalk making Shiroi move.

"Bakugo blew up already? That was fast..."

Ururaka looked over, eyes lighting up.
"Kaminari! Shoji! Todoroki!"

Shiroi stayed hidden at the edge of the path as more people arrived, until the entire school seemed filled.

                           *******