Chapter One

It has been two weeks since Aphmau and Travis got back from the hospital, and 2 months since all the trouble at Starlight. Everyone is home, and Aaron has been hanging out with their friend group in an attempt to get his memories back. So far he has had a few flashes, but nothing important. Though in the meantime, he has gotten to know everyone he knew before. Today Aaron, Aphmau, Zane, Garroth, Kawaii- Chan, Melissa, and Laurence are hanging out at Aph's house. Garroth and Laurence are catching up after months apart, Zane and Kawaii-Chan are cuddling on the couch, and Aphmau and Aaron are talking quietly together, with Melissa listening intently.

Aphmau Pov:
I was telling Aaron stories about our time in high school, and about how we were bitter rivals. Zane and Melissa were chuckling softly at our high school selves' antics, and Kawaii-Chan was smiling brightly at the stories of her ship.

I heard a thump outside the front door, and everyone looked up, conversations ceasing.

I sighed as I stood up, and walked towards the hall that leads to the door. "I'll get it."

I reached the door and opened it, and looked outside. "Hello?" I called, and heard a groan at my feet. I looked down, and saw the last person I was expecting. The one person i thought i would definitely never see again.

I slammed the door and slid down the wall next to it, shaking. Memories flooded my mind: a lodge in the woods, a cave in Starlight, flashes of green light. I whimpered, and as i lost control, my ears and tail popped out.

Zane Pov:
A few moments after Aph disappeared to get the door, I heard it slam shut. I frowned, and stood up.

"I'm going to check on Aph." I said as I walked down the hallway and heard the "Okay"s and "Alright"s from the group in the living room.

As I came into sight of the doorway, I gasped and rushed over to Aph, who was leaning against the wall curled into herself. She was shaking, and her ears and tail were out. I rushed over to her and crouched down, and placed my hand on her arm.

"Aph?" I asked quietly, "Are you alright?"

She shook her head but didn't say anything, so I slipped my arms underneath her and carried her back into the living room. As we came in, our friends stopped talking, and looked shocked. Except for Aaron, who couldn't see, and seemed confused as to why everyone was suddenly being quiet.

Finally Melissa burst out, "What happened!?" and I sighed.

"I don't know. When I went in, she was curled up, shaking. She won't tell me what's wrong."

I set her down n the couch and leaned her against Aaron, who jumped at the sudden contact.

"What are you doing?" He asked, and looked slightly uncomfortable.

"I don't know what happened, but i do know that Aph needs you right now." I replied, grabbing his arm and wrapping it around her. He jumped again.

As if to prove me right, Aphmau turned toward Aaron, her eyes still closed, and buried her face in his chest. After a moment, Aaron put his hand on her head and started stroking her hair.  A few seconds later, Aphmau's ragged breathing turned to gentle snores as she drifted off to sleep.