Chapter Ten

Aphmau Pov:
It had been two hours since I put Melissa on guard duty, and nothing had happened yet. Aaron and I were sitting about three feet apart on the couch, it was rather awkward after he had comforted me earlier. It was normal to me of course, but to him I was practically a stranger.

A shout came from upstairs.

"He's awake!"

I shot out of my seat and bolted down the hall and up the stairs, my friends right on my heels. Ein was laying on his side in his room, his eyes closed. He cracked them open for a split second, groaned, and shut them again. A moment later he opened them again and rolled onto his side.

Ein stared up at us, eyes slightly unfocused and brow furrowed. He seemed to be contemplating something, and then he spoke.

"Ummm... hi?"

Ein Pov:
I winced. A room full of people that might hate you, and you say hi? Idiot.

A girl with black hair and orangeish eyes crouched down. I scooched away from her, she was scary.

The room was silent for a few awkward minutes, and then the black-haired girl spoke.

"Hello Ein."

I sat up and she backed away quickly. The people surrounding us tensed, then relaxed slightly as they realized I wasn't moving anymore.

"Oh, is that my name?" I asked. "Cause I've been wondering." I cocked my head. "How do you know my name?"

A guy with a scarf around his face narrowed his eyes. "What are you saying?"

I looked up at him questioningly. "I'm saying I don't remember my name. Nor can I recall any of my past. Who are you guys? I'm assuming you healed me, so you can't really hate me."

"Actually we do hate you." The black-haired girl said. "We just decided not to let you die, since we need answers."

"...Oh. That seems fair."

They all glanced at each other, eyebrows raised.

"What? If you need answers, it makes sense that you would heal me but still not trust me."